I can´t believe it : My iphone 3G is crap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by franzmueller, Sep 11, 2008.

1. franzmueller macrumors regular

No , no .... the iphone is a great device .... best ipod ever .... yeah when I do have ANY connection it works marvelous ..... but I work in indoors and while my old crappy Moto phone has full 5 bars my brand new iphone shows at most 1 bar at all .....

Where do I live ? ... way out side from any big city ... never had any connection issues with any of my xxx phones I owned during the last the last years ( yeah I get them for free cause of so many accumulated points I get )

I just can´t use my iphone .... 50% of the calls are dropped and the others have most of the time a crappy connection . ( again ; outside it work fine ..... the bars wows up and down but it works )

I really hope this is a software issue cause if 2,1 doesn't fix it I have to return it since it is for me USELESS .

After being a truly Mac addict since 1990 this is the first time I´m not happy at all with a product from Apple .

Also ... when Apple going to fix my mobile calender ? it dosen´t work with either my ipod touch and iphone .....:mad::mad::mad:

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

Saludos

2. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

With the right videos, your iPhone can be a xxx phone too.

3. kane4fire macrumors member

I have the same issues as you. My old crap motorola has full bars and 3G service where as my iPhone has 1 at the most. I hear so many of the fanboi's claiming how it's not Apple but it's AT&T's service in so many of the threads but clearly it's not. If it was AT&T's service my close to free phone wouldn't be very different in signal strength and data-loss free in comparison to my iPhone.

4. icewing macrumors 6502

5. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

lol try switching to edge then and everything should be straight. Your crappy moto was probably a GPRS phone (which is slower then EDGE)

6. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

You have thirty days to take it back if it doesn't meet your needs. Take it back and get something that works for you.

7. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I feel like this post is fake. He doesn't even have an iPhone. He just hates Apple.

8. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yeah, everybody loves blaming AT&T, but it's the same with every carrier around the world.

Hate to break it to ya, but here in Sweden, 3G has been commonplace for several years and iPhone 3G is my third 3G phone (I used to have a Sony Ericsson P1i, and before that an M600i). I used to have 4 or 5 bars with those phones, but with iPhone 3G it's 1-2 bars and every now and then it reverts to EDGE. And it's not just 3G, it's WiFi too. On my iPod Touch I have full bars in every corner of my apartment, on the iPhone it's only full bars when I'm within 5 ft of the router.

I thought the plastic back was supposed to ensure clear and strong signals, but apparently this material wasn't quite as transparent as Apple had hoped.

9. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

The inability to accept Apple's flaws around here is quite pathetic. The 3G on this phone is GARBAGE, and I live in NYC and own 4 other 3G phones. Not to mention the other 3 I sold, I have never seen such problems with phone switching between EDGE/3G...well, EVER.

Aren't Apple's actions indicative of their errors? They acknowledge there's an issue (which is unheard of for them) and have been pretty quick with attempts to 'fix' it. Face it, they screwed up and are trying to clean up their own mess right now. I love Apple (own a MBP as well) and hope 2.1 is the answer, but I will not be surprised if it isn't.

10. franzmueller thread starter macrumors regular

:think: you wanna see the invoice ? been on a waiting list for almost 2 months since it was " officially " launched here in Spain , got it 3 days ago

Oh man ..... been waiting for such a " phone " my entire life , since my first phone ( 1991-92 ) a Siemens S1 = half of a car battery size I must say that I hate phones but I need them , just to give you an example : to activate or change the alarm on my Razr I need to push up to a total of 21 buttons .... not even to mention changing the language while you try to type an SMS in German instead of Spanish .....

Ok so everytime I go inside a building I have to remember to change to Edge or called 2 G .... wow thats an improvement of a UI !!

Here in crappy Spain we have 3G since years ........

Can´t understand ..... Until now Apple products just worked out of the box .... but using my iphone is really getting annoying , and I don´t even mention that the battery life sucks since I haven´t gone thru several charge cycles to see if the battery improves but until now it hardly last until 6 pm with out doing anything special

Very funny .... maybe my English is crappy so I wanted to say many . many phones

Honestly ..... I really hope this is a software issue otherwise I´m not going to be the only one returning it ..

Well see when 2.1 comes out

Saludos