I can delete photos taken with iPad but not ones synced from my computer - help!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stuartsipad2, Jul 4, 2011.

1. stuartsipad2 macrumors newbie

As the titles suggest - having problems deleting photos on my ipad2. Any ideas/suggestions? :D

2. touchmonkey macrumors 6502

I think you do it when you sync. Edit and/or delete (uncheck) the photo folders you synced to the iPad.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Sync = portable version of what's on the computer. Want to delete the photos? Delete them from the computer then sync.

4. touchmonkey macrumors 6502

Eeek!
    Unless you want to keep the photos and just take them off the iPad.

Just uncheck the box for the folder you want to take off, then sync.

5. ninerfan macrumors regular

I spent a good bit of time coming up with the solution that works well for me.

I created a new folder in my photos library on the PC. Named it iPad photos. I drag only the photos I want into that folder. Then when syncing, I went into Photos in iTunes and synced only that folder.

Takes time initially but after that so simple to maintain.

6. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

I think you can delete all photos on the iPad - synced or not - with the jailbreak tweak Photoalbums+. I dont know it for sure, cause I dont have this tweak installed, but I think it should work.

7. adrianeitor92 macrumors newbie

I did the same

But I don't understand why Apple don't let you delete the photos in the iPad