I can feel/hear inside of iPhone 5 moving

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PurpleHeart, Sep 23, 2012.

1. PurpleHeart macrumors member

Whenever I walk (not run) with my arm casually swaying on the side , I can feel the internal parts of iPhone banging against the sides. I am not very picky when it comes to backlight leak, screen tint etc but of I can hear and feel physical movements inside my 2 day old phone, thats a different story. Did anyone else notice this or is it just an isolated incident?

2. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Is there also an slight smell when you hold it to your nose?:eek:

3. PurpleHeart thread starter macrumors member

The reason i put this thread up is because i have not had such issue with any of the ipods or iphones in the past

4. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Sounds like you might have a defective phone. My iPhone 5 exhibits none of the symptoms you describe.

5. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

That sounds familiar... Had what may be a very similar problem (full details here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1448935) with the short version being the battery wasn't glued down. Felt like... uh, well, like the only really heavy object in the phone moving about when you shook it.

Short version: iPhone 5 should be absolutely rock solid, if it isn't I'm afraid you're going to need to arrange a trip to your nearest Apple store if possible, a return to wherever you bought it if not. Sorry :(

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

One person had an iPhone 5 that had a battery that wasn't fully glued down. Perhaps that's your problem as well.

7. PurpleHeart thread starter macrumors member