I can hear people fine. but people have trouble hearing me lol

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dewdst, Sep 21, 2010.

1. dewdst macrumors member

Even when speaking very loud and clear people tell me the volume of my voice is low.

you think this part of the noise cancellation or you think maybe the bumper is covering the mic a little too much?

2. ddavid macrumors regular

Are you asking a serious question or just commenting? I guess I'm confused by the "lol" in the thread title...

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've now had 3 iPhone 4's and all of them have had the same issue you described. Last week the Genius told me that he gets about 10 people a week with the same issue (its not many, but enough them to consider it an issue) and he said normally when he does an exchange, it fixes the problem, but that its a hit or miss situation and no guarantees. This is now my third time doing an exchange (factory new, not refurb) and no fix.

I believe its an issue with the mic and not reception, because I don't have this issue when I use Headphones or a Bluetooth.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

While I've never really like the use of "lol" in the first place, it really doesn't make sense here. Are you using it as a period? Is it making you laugh when people can't hear you? Using incoherent language incoherently doesn't help anyone.

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

6. azhava macrumors regular

The way I interpreted it was that people have trouble hearing him laugh out loud. I could understand it if he were merely chuckling, giggling or snickering, but if people can't hear him laugh out loud, it sounds like there's definitely something wrong with his phone. :D

7. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Are you covering the mic with your finger? If you hold it a certain way, it's easy to do. Can they hear you when the speakerphone is on and the phone's lying on a table?