I can simply walk into an ATT store and jus upgrade my phone on my current fam. plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stateofmind, Jul 10, 2008.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

Meaning, I have 3 phones on my network, one was an iphone but i sold it (I am still eligible) so all I have to do tomorrow is get the iphone and my bill will just rise by 10 dollars correct? (not getting a text plan)

2. oaxa macrumors newbie

I called ATT with that exact scenario: 3 phones on famly plan only one will be an iPhone
    The rates for family plan are here
    The rep from ATT said that an additional phone would be 9.99 extra

3. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

My plan was 2 free phones and a iphone so I payed 99.99 a month, I will be paying 109.99 a month with iphone 3g, correct?

4. Matt H macrumors newbie

Okay this is good news! I'm on a family plan, if i go and buy an iphone 3g tomorrow (i'm due to upgrade) my bill will only be 10 dollars more TOTAL per month?

5. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

6. oaxa macrumors newbie

Hmm you'll need to look at the chart on the link above.
    I'm currently paying 80 +2x9.99 for 3 phones ~100 in total before tax fees etc.
    With the new rate I'll be paying 149 +9.99...~160 before fees.

7. Matt H macrumors newbie

Does anyone have a definite answer to this yet? Is it only 9.99 more per month if you have an existing plan. Please answer asap.

8. aphexii macrumors 6502

I bought mine this morning. Same situation, Family Plan with 4 lines of service. I had a previous gen iPhone which I sold, the other 3 phones are random other phones. My line is/was a $9.99 add a line.

They were NOT able to upgrade me into the same family plan at the AT&T Store, they said it SHOULD be able to be done, but the slow running system wouldn't let them do it. What they did was activate me on an individual plan, which I need to then call tomorrow (or later today) and have them merge the individual account into the existing family plan.

Sucks it wasn't as simple as I hoped, but they said there hands were kinda tied today due to the circumstances, but said it wouldn't be a problem at all merging me back in once this all settles down.

9. aphexii macrumors 6502

Update: Just got off the phone w/ AT&T. Got someone on the line in 10 seconds, no waiting, kinda surprised.

He switched me over back onto my family plan in about 3 minutes. Said he's heard alot of people say the same thing. All good to go.

1-800-331-0500, Press 0, Press 0

10. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

Did he happen to mention what you're paying for the data plan in addition to the $9.99 for your line on the family plan? $30?

11. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

so, current plan of 89.99 (includes iphone 2G data) will jump to 99.99 with the 3G, correct? If yes, GREAT!