I can update my iphone because of this please help....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XxpikachuxX, Dec 14, 2011.

1. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

Ok so sometime ago my phone was bricked on 4.2.1 and someguy from the forums helped out with this
    http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itunes-error-1013-when-updating-iphone-4-to-ios-4.2.1/
    and that helped me get the shss an i dont know what else but at the end my iphone was right.
    But now im trying to unjailbrake my iphone and normally update my iphone and a friends ipod touch but i says something about can't contact apple servers how can i undo that process i did before with the terminal? thanks ;:)mad::(

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I have no idea what you are talking about. If you don't even know what else then no one can help you. If your phone is bricked then some guy will not be able to help you out. A bricked phone is a brick and cannot even turn on.

3. XxpikachuxX thread starter macrumors 6502

no sorry, my phone is normal now 4.2.1 jailbroken but i want to update to 5.0.1 normally but i can't because what i did before with the sudo nano /etc/hosts i think i mest up something and now i cant contact apple servers normally

4. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

It could be something on Apple's end. Try again later. You should just be able to connect the phone to iTunes and click restore. Make sure you set it up as a new phone, because restoring from a back-up of a jailbroken device is not recommended.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

From what I gathered from the OPs posts, they've edited the host file on their computer for when they were jailbreaking the phone, and can't remember how to undo it.

6. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

If we needed another reason . . . NOT to jailbreak

7. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Delete any lines in /etc/hosts that have "Apple" in them.

You added those lines to force your computer to direct iTunes away from the official Apple server. Delete those lines and it will be back to normal.

8. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Will be this.

Remove the apple lines and save then update as normal in iTunes.

9. XxpikachuxX thread starter macrumors 6502

i might need a little more help can figure what you guys are saying any video demonstration?:confused::(

10. iipeeweex macrumors newbie

iipeeweex

if its jailbroken there is a chance you have an interruption between Cydia and Apples server
    -the easiest thing to do is download the latest version of Tiny umbrella, connect your iphone, open TU and then uncheck the box to request SHSH from Cydia.

That will only contact Apples server and update should be fine. if That fails, you can activate the TSS server from TU and restore from itunes. you will loose everything if you Havnt backed up though. that will update your OS. double check your not using baseband 06.15.00. if it is it means you flashed the Baseband to iPad and you'll have problems.Let me know if there is anything your unsure of

iipX