I can upgrade my phone in ten days. Should I wait for the new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jordanb505, Aug 2, 2012.

  1. jordanb505 macrumors newbie

    May 2, 2012
    Florida, USA
    I really enjoy using iOS and Apple products, and though I've owned iPods for years and two of the 3 iPads, I've never had an iPhone.

    Because most of you use iPhones and know better than me, my question is - should I wait for the new iPhone? Do you think it will be worth it, based on what is known so far? I have my eye on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 but I don't want to commit to that until I had some second opinions, if you could help me out.

    I know they say good things will come if you wait, and I'm just interesting in seeing what some of you have to say. Thanks so much :)
  2. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

    Jun 25, 2012
    I've been waiting to upgrade my 3GS since March...it's so hard to not go out and get a 4s or try out the Galaxy Note.

    The iPhone 5 will be the deciding factor...just wish it would hurry up!

    Wait it out :)
  3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816


    Apr 25, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yes wait.

    Best case scenario, the new iPhone ends up being awesome, and you've made a good purchase.

    Worst case scenario, you end up buying a Galaxy S3 about a month later than you could have.
  4. iPusch macrumors 6502


    May 30, 2012
    Manhattan, New York
    I am waiting for the next gen iPhone since the iPhone 4 has been announced, so far I am really unhappy with my iPhone 3G :eek: I am going crazy with it
  5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

    ET iPhone Home

    Oct 5, 2011
    Orange County, California USA
    WAIT. If Sept. 7th. holds true it's only a month away. Think of it that way. If by then, you don't hear anything, then you really have four more weeks from that date - baby steps.
  6. nburwell macrumors 68040


    May 6, 2008
    Honestly I would wait. Unless you really want the SIII now.
  7. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

    Aug 31, 2011
    Miami, FL
    No one knows what will happen tomorrow. Go ahead and get the iPhone.
  8. SR45 macrumors 65832


    Aug 17, 2011
    Nothing to lose if you wait it out a bit longer. World is not going to end and then you can decide which phone to get. Doing so now, and getting this or that other cell phone, then the iphone 5 comes out that you learn is even better, than you will be kicking yourself in the hind end for not waiting.

    Its called common sense ;)
  9. bartonlynch macrumors regular

    Jun 8, 2009
    Kentucky, USA
  10. Technarchy macrumors 604


    May 21, 2012
    six weeks...or approximately 45 days till the reveal (based on rumors).

    I'd wait.
  11. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

    May 1, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    If the rumored dates are correct you only need to wait 3 weeks.
    Buy the 4S after 8/21 and you'll be able to exchange it or return it for the new IPhone when it's released on 9/21.
    Or if you like it, keep it and they should credit you the price difference when the price drops on the 4S.
  12. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

    Sep 29, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
  13. willmtaylor macrumors G3


    Oct 31, 2009
    A Natural State
    Probably right, but hopefully we can spread the word in the search tool one lost newbie at a time. :D
  14. BHP41 macrumors 6502a


    Jul 21, 2010
    United States of America
    For God sakes. Make decision on your own!! Must there be one of these thtReads for every f'n release. Some of you are so simple it's no wonder the world is in the shape it's in.
  15. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

    Jul 17, 2010

    You should totally spend an amount of money for a year old phone when in 5 weeks that same amount will buy a new one.
  16. BHP41 macrumors 6502a


    Jul 21, 2010
    United States of America
    Completely agree. Makes the most sense. Goes along with the logic of the question.
  17. Coldsnow macrumors regular

    Apr 4, 2012
    The S III and iPhone 5 are two different phones. You are asking an Apple fan-base forum, what do you think people are going to say? Get what you want, just make sure you'll be happy in the end. ;)
  18. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a


    Mar 2, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I would wait. Rock your iPod touch and iPad in the mean time.
  19. nostresshere macrumors 68030

    Dec 30, 2010
    Sort of agree.

    Grow up.

    Why do people think they have to UPGRADE the day they become eligibile. If your current phone works, think about keeping it?

    Think about other options available today.
    Think about other options that might come in the very near future.
    Think about the new iphone. If you do not like it, the price for the 4 and 4s will probably be cheaper in a month or so.
  20. jmpnop macrumors 6502a


    Aug 8, 2010
    The next iPhone is expected to be announced in September, its definitely worth waiting.
  21. AFDoc, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

    AFDoc macrumors 68030

    Jun 29, 2012
    Colorado Springs USA for now
    Holy smokes someone that wrote what I think!! I have already been warned for "trolling" because I wrote something the mods didn't like so was a bit gun shy about responding to these sort of threads in such a way.

    I don't understand why people here need so much advice about life choices they should be able to make on their own. Only the person asking the question knows their own finances, wants, needs, ability to pay for x item/plan/warranty ect ect so no random person on a forum can answer the questions asked.
  22. bandofbrothers macrumors 601


    Oct 14, 2007
    If one waited for what's new out around the corner, then one wouldn't end up making a purchase at all !

    With not knowing what the new iPhone will look like aesthetically, and what will defiantly be under its hood I can only comment that the iPhone 4 and 4s ticks my boxes.

    If you wait and don't end up being taken by the next iPhone you can always fall back on the 4s or indeed another manufacturers cellphone.
  23. Troneas macrumors 65816


    Oct 26, 2011
    At the alternatives section.

Share This Page