I can upgrade to the 4S and the iPhone after that, but should I?Q

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtnDewFTW, Apr 19, 2012.

  1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Location:
    San Francisco, CA
    #1
    I currently have a 16GB iPhone 4. The spaces is nowhere near enough for my huge library of music, but that's why I have iTunes match. However, lately my phone had been really slow. And I mean PAINFULLY slow. And the battery barely lasts me half a day, and I'm not a very heavy user either.

    Anyway, so I have three people on my current plan with AT&T. And all of our upgrades have already come. I cloud upgrade to the 4S right now and and then whenever the new iPhone after that comes out, I could upgrade again with someone else's upgrade because they don't really care for smartphones and world probably take my old iPhone anyway. However, I don't wanna waste money on the 4S if the 5 is coming out in June.

    So here's my question. I haven't kept up with the news and rumors on the new iPhone much lately, but what are the chances it coming in June in WWDC? Or is it more likely to show up later this year in October?

    Would you get the 4S and then another iPhone after that if you were open to upgrade pricing on both devices?
     
  2. macdatadrive macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2011
    Location:
    The city of Macintosh :)
    #2
    Well something you have to think is that even if the 5 does come out, it doesn't mean you need to buy it straight away unless there are features on there that you need.
    Put it this way - there are some users on here still using iBooks and Powermacs that aren't even half as powerful as the oldest Intel iMac.
    I wouldn't worry about it - I still use a 3G :)
     
  3. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

    nwmtnbiker

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2011
    Location:
    Fidalgo Island
    #3
    I would get the 4s now even if the 5 comes out in june. You could easily sell the 4s for 500 bucks if you wanted. I've done the same with the last 2 iPhones. When I got the 64gb 4s I sold my 32gb iphone4 on craigslist for $525.
     
  4. aleni macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2006
    #4
    i always buy the new iphones. who knows how long we will live? just enjoy it :p
     
  5. w00t951 macrumors 68000

    w00t951

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2009
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #5
    Keep with your current phone. Try doing a clean restore and setup as a new iPhone.

    I'm betting the new iPhone will have some design and display changes, as well as a 32 or 28nm process, as well as LTE. Even if only one of those changes appear, it is worth the wait.

    By the way, try using an iPod Classic for your extended music collection - that's what I do. I borrowed a Classic from my friend.
     
  6. ctc799 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2011
    Location:
    USA
    #6
    I have a 16GB iPhone 4 too, and I'm holding out for the next iPhone. Sadly we'll probably be waiting until Fall. :(

    My battery did start to go downhill like yours, but I replaced it with a new one from iFixit. If you're sticking with the 4 I'd recommend taking a look at that.
     
  7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

    lordofthereef

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2011
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #7
    There is no concrete evidence that the next iPhone will launch in any specific month, really, aside from that fact that we haven;t really heard about foxconn starting to pump out hundreds of thousands of a mystery Apple device.
     

Share This Page