I canceled my online 6+ order for in store pick up, by the time I canceled it....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lifetimechaldo, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Lifetimechaldo macrumors member

....the in store pick up option was unavailable. Someone must have gotten to it before me.

Now I am out of my online order that I placed 2 weeks ago and was scheduled to ship Nov 6th. Apple said they couldn't re-initiate the order, so if I place another order online I will be placed at the end of the line =(

canceled

2. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

That's the problem with using the subsidy model. You're only entitled to one subsidy. Subsidies shouldn't be 'used up' until you actually pay for the device IMO.

3. Camwin macrumors member

Why didn't you order the one for in store pickup prior to cancelling your order?

4. Camwin macrumors member

I can confirm that the subsidy isn't actually used up until you pay. I preordered, and got a OCT 1 ship date, but went to release and got one, on the same line i used for the preorder. Then cancelled the preorder.

5. Lifetimechaldo thread starter macrumors member

It would not let me process the new order (in store pick up) until after I canceled the first one (the Apple.com order)

6. wermy macrumors regular

Same exact thing happened to me. :( Now I'm trolling swappa and ebay, and the stock checker sites.

7. Lifetimechaldo, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

Lifetimechaldo thread starter macrumors member

Update from where I am at.

So far, I have seen the "pickup in store" option be available 3 times at malls in my area. Each time I get to the last page in the order process, and then it says an error occurs bc it gets sold to someone else first apparently =(

8. Chatter macrumors 6502a

This really bites. Sorry. I am trolling for a 6+ for someone and experience some of the same challenges.

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Is it possible that the error is due to your upgrade eligibility not being restored yet?

10. Lifetimechaldo thread starter macrumors member

^ I don't think so, bc every time I try to redo the order, it changes from "available to pickup" to "unavailable for pickup". I also just checked Verizon and it says im eligible for the upgrade

11. noobinator macrumors 601

You're in for a surprise. I've had this error happen probably 300+ times in the last week.

12. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Obviously, you haven't learned enough from macrumors. Now you blame apple and your carrier for messing it up. It's all their fault.

13. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Keep at the stock sites and keep an eye out for the phone. You'll find one. Hang in there!

----------

Yup. I've had that happen to me FIVE times, OP.

On five different days. It truly doth suck.

14. Roland Deschain macrumors member

I think it's been discussed on this forum before, but the online stock status for stores does not seem to be revealing the "whole story". Some Apple Store employees confirm the holding back of iPhone 6/6+ inventory for walk-ins, while others say "nay". All I can tell you is my experience. I was tired of waiting for a 6+ SG 128 I ordered on 9/12 from AT&T that wasn't looking like it would be delivered until the end of October. I got the in-stock notification for my local Apple Store from seaturtle.org. Before the store opened the stock status on that phone flipped between "in stock" and "out of stock" at least 5 times. I assume it was inventory being checked in, then snapped up by online orders. The store opens at 10:00 am. By 9:00 the stock status had switched and remained on "out of stock" for the rest of the day. I swung by the store anyway, just on a lark and they actually had a ton of the 6+ SG 128 on hand, but the website was still showing "out of stock". I canceled my pre-order on the way over, hoping they would have it in stock.

If your local store showed in-stock at any point in the morning, it might be worth a drive over to check in person.