I cancelled my iPhone order with Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donniedarko, Sep 30, 2012.

1. donniedarko macrumors regular

Have seen 3 iphone 5 phones and spent probably 40 minutes playing with. Verizon you suck, I was confirmed a Oct 5 ship date, now nothing. Someone ordered a phone after me already got theres. Way to support an excellent long term customer.
    Now my ship date got delayed over a month when I pre ordered almost immediately after offered.

I have an iPhone 4 and from the 3 6th gen phones Ive tried a difference. The maps matter, the cost, and delay have simply had me say no thanks.

I will use my iPhone 4 and the biggest deal to change was the LTE usability.
    As a massive Apple subscriber this is the first time ever I have said no thanks. I am so bummed Jobs isnt around and what scare me is this product is still one of his legacy designs still. What the future hold when that cycle is done has me wondering.

I hope Apple pays attention or notes this thread. Ive been on Apple since the classic/Sculley days had an Apple II and my first laptop was a 520c. Ive spent 23k+ as a supporter, in hardware etc.... I now am second guessing them which is crazy.

Get with it Apple. Under promise and over deliver. You were an opinion leader and now Im wondering whats going on.

Nuff said...

2. newone757 macrumors 6502

You went form being mad at verizon for delaying your order to giving up on apple?

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Nuff said is right champ!

I don't know what happened to your VZW order but I don't think this will get the attention of Apple or VZW; perhaps you need to contact their customer service departments.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Maybe get compensated with some credit to your account..

5. donniedarko thread starter macrumors regular

No its it first was Mobile Me, halfly abandoning iWeb, then the crap called iCloud [I no longer can rely on it as my default email], then Mail in Lion [cant delete emails], then the massive data usage jump in iOS 6 [dont use it that much], the Maps deal, and also the bs with my order.

Im becoming more frustrated and having to rely on Google and other parties for my stuff. Apple forced me to migrate to Wordpress. Now they got me looking at SIII. I can assure you deep down I have no interest. I like everything streamlined, simple.

But when Im one of the poor sods whose email is constantly unreliant and its attatched to my business its unacceptable.

The phone situation seems to be bad too. This is the 6th gen. LTE a proven platform. Maps and GPS been around for years but Apple just has to be so autonomous that this happens. Why the issues?

I get it but I dont have to support it... and Im not the only one other people are having the same issues.

So even though Apple is crushing sale, 1k stock price, if Im getting chapped they should take notice because I been swilling the kool aid for a long time.

Thats whats going on... and honestly very disappointed

----------

Ha sure they hand out credits for the like... No way, Verizon dont give a rats ass #fact

6. newone757 macrumors 6502

Thats too bad you have had all those problems. I have similar issues when I was in the Android ecosystem (and of course the even older Windows Mobile and PalmOS platforms) and truly feel there is no perfect system for everybody. With the issues you have though, I'd say you are definitely entitled to feel how you feel. Best of luck with whatever you decide

7. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I ordered my iPhone 5 at 12:04 am from Apple and received it seven days later.

Sorry you ordered through the wrong venue. I love my Verizon iPhone 5 on LTE!

8. donniedarko thread starter macrumors regular

Is Verizon the wrong venue??

I played with a SIII today and was hardly hyped. Natchy and stuttery, the 5 definitely is fluid. At this point doesnt matter because I cant get a phone anyways... well see

9. m0no macrumors regular

So why don't you just try to order a phone from the Apple store for pickup?

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Wait in line only at Apple. Order online only from Apple.

This has been the best way since the 3GS.

11. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

You sound like a crazy old man talking to an empty chair.

12. donniedarko thread starter macrumors regular

Uuuhhhh ok relevant contribution... sounds like you listened, oh and piss off

Back on topic, I wasnt aware you can get a phone under Verizon subsidy direct from Apple.

13. cynics macrumors G3

Yep, go in and pick your carrier. You can even download the apple store app and click "upgrade your iPhone". Your current carrier will pop up.

14. donniedarko thread starter macrumors regular

Right on thank you

15. cynics macrumors G3

I tried to ninja edit that but failed.