I cant activate my 2 iphones 5, please help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yoargentino, Oct 10, 2012.

1. yoargentino macrumors newbie

I bought 2 iphones 5 2 days later after launch and supposedly without contract, but i cant activate the freakin phones..:confused: also already paid the factory unlocked for TMOBILE or whatever.. Because I DONT HAVE ACCOUNT WITH ATT. PLEASE SOME ONE HAVE IDEAS HOW CAN PASS THE MAIN SCREEN TO GET MY PHONE READY? OR ACTIVATE MY PHONE, I REPEAT I DONT HAVE ACCOUNT WITH ATT! PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Where did you buy the phones?

3. yoargentino thread starter macrumors newbie

Now ... let me think!!! 3 days after launch!!! Thanks!

4. albertxp06 macrumors regular

Where? Not when...

5. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

key words in this post.."supposedly"..."Factory unlocking for tmobile"....first of all you did not buy them from apple store you bought them from someone selling them...and you paid for an unlocking service(my guess is the cheapest one you could find) lots of lessons to be learned here. How can we help you we cant help ignorance....Give more who and wherre did u buy and what unlocking serive did u purchase...and please for gods sake tell me you have physical invoice for purchase.....

6. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

You stole them.. return them immediately or else..

7. Qoo macrumors 6502

Please PM me with your e-mail and i will provide my address for you to ship them to me and i will activate them for you :D

Provide some more detail for us to help you, what message you getting from the screen? what information does the phone ask you to provide. If the phone is unlocked it suppose to work with any GSM service providers. Where did you get the unlock service? Have you restore from iTunes to make sure the unlock message pops up on your iTunes screen?

8. yoargentino thread starter macrumors newbie

The screen said " activating your iphone" when i put next said. "activation failed" ok.. i'll paid the unlocked service from unlock fusion. i got any sim from att... i cut it and placed and asking 4 digits social security and zip code.. for activation! I doesnt work like the other iphones! So. if the phone is already unlocked... anyways i need activate from att first or i can put my tmobile sim for get activate? Thanks!

----------

I dont have the invoice :( because i bought so freaking guy supposely got upgrade from att.. from craigslist!! If i knew this iphone's are different as old one.. i dont buy it!! :mad: thanks

----------

from a girl from craigslist! :mad: sorry!

----------

watch your back.. i am coming to rob you.. you freak! :mad:

9. propalitet macrumors member

There's so many people commenting nonsense that threads get cluttered within minutes, you find threads with 20 posts and only 2 useful. If you don't have anything smart to say it's better to stay quiet, wise people said this more than 2000 years ago.

And to the thread starter, please give more information, write clearly and don't use the bold letters, people won't take you more seriously.

Now to the actual problem.
    The thing is that these phones weren't activated. Who ever bought them didn't do it and sold them immediately. The last four digits of SSN and zip are required on first activation only, and never again. What you have now happened before to people, google a little bit.

You have a couple of options. The easiest one is to contact the person, meet, and have them activate the phones for you. The second one is to try to find already activated ATT sim card and put it in the phone, someone on apple discussion mentioned it worked for him. Or search gsmhosting forum, there were some solutions over there too.