Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Hey Guys, I'm running on a b & w g3, the problem is that when i hook up the camcorder to firewire port, the programs I use for basic editing will not recognize the camera..I have a pc that recognizes the camera...I am running Os 9.2, and using BTVpro or something like that..I went to system profiler to see if it recognized it at all and yes, when I'd plug it in, it would say it under the firewire port...Anything I can download? Re-install? I'm looking to get OsX anyways but I just wanna do this for fun...

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
wrong board..

why aren't you using imovie? i have not had good experiences with btv, but are there any version updates you can get?

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
I don't have any editing apps for os9 (please tell me where i can download them, versiontracker.com isn't helpful), firewire device is enabled and active, but 2 programs I've tried do not find camcorder when the camera is playing video and says "dv in" on the lcd screen...This computer may be old, but it should be capable of capturing a little dv...

crachoar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Ohio
Hrm...

I never edited in OS9, and it's been so long, hell if I remember what any apps would be...

But, iMovie really is your best (easiest, most affordable) bet. I could've sworn it came with OS 9.2...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.