I can't delete my Gmail account from my iPhone. And I can't check email.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hierobryan, Jul 11, 2008.

1. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

There's NO way I can delete my Gmail account...it's just stuck in my phone. I can't even check my email. When I tap the Mail app, it pauses for a second then returns to the home screen. HELP!!!! :(:(

BTW...this is on a 16GB 3G with the newest 2.0 update.

2. xshad0w macrumors newbie

I'm actually having the same problem, I already restored it, and I'm using gmail, I have it syncing from mobileme

3. spetykowski macrumors member

4. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

fixed it! i restored my 3G and set it up as a new phone (without restoring a backup). then i had itunes sync everything except for my email accounts. i then went into the phone settings and entered my email account info. so now email works, but i can't sync email with itunes, which is no big deal for me.

5. tazlines macrumors newbie

Not a solution

this isnt really a solution, this is a way of just starting again.

is there a way to delete the account, or even get the email app to work without restoring!

i dont want to lose my contacts, sms's, photos linked to contacts, settings, personalization!

is there a fix or anything available via cydia?

6. BBackspace macrumors newbie

To Delet Gmail Account on your iphone

I wanted to do the same thing. Here is how:

It worked for me! That eliminated the download of my ENTIRE regular Gmail account

And I created a new Gmail account and password JUST for the iphone.

I've had my new iPhone for 2 days.... :D Knowledge is Power!

7. tazlines macrumors newbie

nope, this isnt a solution either, if other people are having the same problem that i am having, you cant delete the account, cant add an account, cant edit anything in the account!

so i need to remotley delete this account!

8. DonCorleone macrumors newbie

Problem: deleting e-mail accounts on iPhone

Had the same problem. The following worked for me:

1. Cydia: Install BossPrefs
    2. BossPrefs: Disable all e-Mail accounts
    3. BossPrefs: Click "More" -> "Fix User Dir Permissions"

Now you should be able to delete the accounts in the settings-menu like BBackspace mentioned earlier:

Good luck!

9. dtdionne macrumors newbie

DonCorleone - BINGO!!!! I love the Internet, thanks so much for posting the solution.

10. oilsysit macrumors newbie

Super DonCorleone !!! it work!

Thank you very much

You are GURU and HERO

11. 6amigos macrumors newbie

can't delete email account...... account dimmed in email setting ( iphone 4 )

try to install Bossprefs from cydia download....... try to open, it flashes Initializing.... than flash off..... Can't even try your way.... iso 4.2.1.

12. 6amigos macrumors newbie

can't delete email account- mail setting lockout, dimmed, not allow to modify

May be I am the stupid guy, it took me 5 hours, searching in the internet, looking for artical in the forum.... also other website and they want to charge you fee to look for answer that might be able to help you.......

I solved the issue ....... an feel like I am fooled by apple..... if you have same problem .......... this can help you in 20 seconds

1. go to general > restrictions > enable restrictions > type in a passcode when prompt you and remember it > scroll down to Allow Change :: Accounts > Slide it to ON ( yes , that is the problem ) > scroll back to top of the same page > disable restrictions > type in the passcode > exit

............ yes that is it

I thing this is the bug from APPLE , If user disable the restrictions , why is matter , if it is turn on or off for the application restriction to change ?
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:apple: