I cant find anyone who is having iphone crashing problems like mine is having!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 98707, Jul 21, 2008.

1. 98707 macrumors regular

I had an old iphone and the day before the 3g got release i updated it with the downloaded firmware and installed many things.. the phone really never crashed that day while I was using it..

I went to the apple store and they were handing out replacements of the old ones.. i guess to empty their stock. Anyhow I got a new one because mine had a cracked screen.

So i loaded up the official firmware and a bunch of apps.. Every time I use almost any 3rd party app now my whole phone crashes and I get the apple logo.. then it tells me to connect to itunes and do a restore..

ALWAYS.. its worse than that.. just downloading an application sometimes crashes it into this mode.. and in some cases deleting and MOVING applications around does this.

The restores take so long that I cannot bear this phone much longer I want to get rid of it. I hate it now.

I have to restore it every day.. sometimes twice a day.. Its at a point where I dont even want to flip to the screen containing my 3rd party apps.. i just use the phone because if I try to mess around for even 30 seconds it bricks!!!!!!!!

What the F#!@ do I do?

2. 98707 thread starter macrumors regular

No I am not losing my mind.. I decided I would do a clean restore and not update with fresh software...

And it would connect to itunes but i would get the beach ball then my iphone would restart itself.. So im like OKay i cant connect..

I guess I just have to brick it again.. So i play the tilt game and no **** in 30 seconds it crashes.. on restart I get something new..

Legitimate kernel
    panic: we are hanging here.. uation: 0xc
    is the last line.

F%#@ this thing

3. 98707 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm redownloading the official release and going to try it.. hope it works otherwise I might have to go to the apple store and start some ****.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wow, sorry to hear that you are having so many problems. I upgraded my iPhone to 2.0 the day it was released and have not had any of those problems. Good luck.