I can't, for the life of me, get my function keys to work with Windows 7!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mattcube64, Jul 8, 2009.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Hi guys!

Yes, I did a search. And yes, I know there is a similar thread just a little bit down. But I have done EVERYTHING I have read, and nothing has worked.

I've done a complete reinstall. I've downloaded the x64 drivers. I've tried everything, and yet my function keys (sound, brightness, eject key, etc) just won't work!! :(

Does anyone have any other ideas?

They did work when I just used the original disc that came with my MBP. They all worked except the eject key when I only used said Leopard disc. So, when I tried the x64 disc, everything went kaput, including my sound. I have since got that working, but now neither my function keys, or eject key, are working.

Can someone give me a step-by-step of what they might have done to get around this, with links? Pretty please? :p

Thank you.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

well is your boot camp manager showing up on the system tray (on your right side of the taskbar)?

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

The BootCamp manager easily enables the function keys you so much crave for.