I can't get my logitech c910 to work in parallels 6 or vmware fusion 3

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by newmacuser23, Sep 15, 2010.

1. newmacuser23 macrumors member

I purchased the 1080p logitech webcam to run in windows via a virtual machine I put the installation cd in and everything installed (in parallels it was listed as logitech miscelanious device in vmware it was listed as logitech device) I clicked quick capture and a message appeared saying no device connected please reconnect I did so several times and have had no luck with either.

The webcam does work in bootcamp but I wanted to use it to do screencasts of mac OS X

2. erikbutz macrumors newbie

did you find a solution?

I am having the same issue. I can't get my logitech C910 to work with a VMWare Fusion virtual machine. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks for letting me know if you did!

3. felixcorrales macrumors newbie

It doesn't work with VMware Player. Ubuntu 11.04 64 bits gnu/linux

I have ubuntu 11.04 64 bits as a host. I am running VMWare Player 3.1.4 build-385536 and MS Windows XP SP3 as a virtual machine. For some reason, the Vmware Player Windows XP SP3 virtual machine only recognizes the usb Logitech 1080p Webcam Pro C910' as a "sound device" instead of a "video device".

The webcam works out of the box with google voice/video calls (Ubuntu 11.04 64 bits and mozilla firefox), the autofocus works almost instantly. The Ubuntu GNU/Linux skype version doesn't work as well as with Google Voice/Video app, but it works relatively well (the autofocus sometimes doesn't work). The problem starts when I try to use the webcam into a Vmware Player Windows Xp Sp3 virtual machine.