I can't login to sites like PayPal, GoDaddy etc on Mac, but can on Windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dog24, Mar 8, 2008.

1. dog24 macrumors member

So, this is the problem, I tried everything, first I couldn't login to PayPal, thought that someone stole my password, so I changed it. Now, I can't login to GoDaddy, tried using Autofill, manually typing password and user name etc, but it won't let me login, tried Opera, Firefox, Safari.

However, I can login on my PC with the same passwords..... Am I hallucinating?:eek:

2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

3. dog24 thread starter macrumors member

Well, there aren't any in Safari, except cookies... Or am I missing something? Yeah, I'm a 1 week old Mac user. P=

4. yy482 macrumors newbie

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

after you type in username and password, try to get in, what was the errors? just kept waiting and eventually fail?

did you try to login in a different network environment?

are you using leopard? or Tiger?

6. smcswitcher macrumors newbie

Use Firefox for those sites.

Edit: Ooops. Didn't read your whole post. If Firefox didn't work either, perhaps your firewall is blocking them?

7. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

This is going to sound stupid but did you restart the computer? Have you quit Safari? My last resort is click on "safari" on the menu bar and click "Reset Safari." I would also make sure I'm not in "Private Browsing"
    :apple:

8. chaoticbear macrumors 6502

A related question: my benefits page for work will only work in IE. Only. I know that Opera has a feature that you can set to identify itself as IE to websites to get around this issue, but I hate Opera for daily use. Does Safari or Firefox have a workaround for this?

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

IF UA spoof works, then https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59 is an addon for firefox to spoof UA.

However, its a BIG IF. They didn't call themselves "IE only" for no good reason, many places are indeed require IE only tech like activex.