I can't play songs I purchased through iTunes.

kanesw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Nottingham
Since jailbreaking my 4S I can only play certain songs, and it seems that I can't play songs I purchased through iTunes.

Any resolutions/ideas?

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
Since jailbreaking my 4S I can only play certain songs, and it seems that I can't play songs I purchased through iTunes.

Any resolutions/ideas?
I noticed they pushed an iTunes update yesterday and I wondered whether it was related to Absinthe, since Absinthe uses a function of iTunes.

I have to say that I wondered what the first problems would be, and if jail breakers would know not to update iTunes until the team told them to do it.

My apologies. That's not helpful to you, but just a warning not to update iTunes unless we know that it doesn't affect Absinthe.

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Delete the songs that don't play off all your playlists on your phone, then go to iTunes and download again they will now work. Can be time consuming but the only way I got my songs working again.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Do you by any chance have iTunes Match enabled? Some of my songs too (ripped off CDs but matched) don't play on my Jailbroken 4S.

snowwhite007

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Delete all songs from device going thro settings-usage then resync and ure good hope u backed up before jb

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
I found that if you turn iMatch off before jailbreaking you don't get any music issues, so worth a try if people ready this before jailbreaking

AlPlPlLE

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
Delete the songs that don't play off all your playlists on your phone, then go to iTunes and download again they will now work. Can be time consuming but the only way I got my songs working again.

This is how I fixed my issues. I just went into iTunes. Un-synced music, then re-synced it back and it worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.