I can't wait until my solar charger comes in for my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SydneyJunkie, Jan 14, 2011.

1. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

That's not exactly cool. It seriously takes away from the look of the phone :confused:

4. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

I would never....

Unless I lived on a boat. I bet it takes 48 hours to fully charge.

5. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Hrm, you've got to have it out in the sun to charge the best. But if it is in the sun too long, it gets hot and overheats so you can't use it...

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

How many are brave enough to leave your phone unattended on a window sill or some where else in the sun and not worry about it being ripped off!

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

We'll all wait with you, okay ..... better now?

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

He, he...... Try leaving your phone in the direct sun. It will overheat in minutes!! :eek:

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

The obvious way to make this work is for the solar charger to be incorporated into a hat and then a connection to your phone. Just imagine how cool you would look going down the street with a hat covered in solar panels.

10. yearofthe macrumors regular

yearofthe

Can't solar objects work on a house light, like a lightbulb? I tried some of my solar objects, not leave them in the sun to charge, but in my room with my ceiling light and works flawlessly. Any takes?

11. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

as does every single case on the market...

as a person that hates cases, that looks pretty cool. if the solar pad was a little thinner, i would consider it.

they should've done something similar to what that company did with the magic mouse

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That adds way too much bulk and is too ugly. I'll pass.

13. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

14. TEHi macrumors regular

It is a solar charger, yes. And it will charge with the sun, yes. But do you know at which rate? 10ma? 50ma? Do you know what efficiency is the current converter inside?

I've bought many many portable chargers, some of them solar powered, and let me tell you something, those things doesn't work. You either charge the battery with sun, or you charge your phone with the battery. But you can't charge your phone with the sun.

Anyone can stick a solar panel to a case with a battery and sell it for $120 and saying it will "virtually" double the iphone 4 battery life. but that is pure bs.

But it will work if you are willing to let your phone under the sun upside down for 3 days. ;)

15. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Is that all you care about? That you may look cool? I have my money on the nothing-will-help-you-there card. Especially if you think a solar panel on a phone will help you get there...