I could care less about the layout and icons. I just want iOS7 to work and it doesn't

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Nachoconqueso, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

The control panel doesn't pull up well, but then magically becomes annoying in Safari. Wtf Apple? The music app crashes constantly whenever iRadio is going and it randomly stopped letting me play the songs stored on the hard drive. It shows all my albums, but now just cycles through the songs, one every second. It was working fine a day ago...iRadio constantly down during a time when most users are getting a first impression of the service. My first impression, it works like hell.

Ok so I do care about one thing regarding layout. Get your ***** fonts right. The spacing is off in certain places and looks uglier than a red headed step child in others. Again wtf Apple? You guys are paying people to do this shoddy of work? I don't know any decent company or person of quality that would put out this bad of work.

Also, I'm pretty sure I used to be able to tell Siri to play a specific song and now it does not do that. The more I try random things on iOS7 the more unhappy I am with it and good god I hate to be a whiny little girl about a stupid. Yet here I am...

2. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I've noticed if there's a button in the center of the bottom of the screen, control center is near impossible to pull up (especially when the keyboards open)
    And iRadio is pretty buggy for me too, although it's been getting less frequent, but it's still noticeable.
    iOS 7 has been public for a week, it'll improve.

3. Nachoconqueso thread starter macrumors regular

It usually does. I'm surprised at how wacky it is for launch though. The redesign is going to get the most criticism I guess. Hopefully they're working hard to get it ironed out. They need it done ASAP so an anti-iOS7 movement doesn't start building up steam.

4. Jamooche macrumors regular

My biggest gripe is that you have to wait for the animation delay before you can click on something. I'm constantly having to click the screen again. This is really evident in the text message app where you have to wait until the headings at the top light up before you can click on them.

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

A lot of folks reporting no issues so are you sure it's iOS 7 and not some corruption data from before you updated or such making the issue.

You might try doing a restore and see what happens without that old data.

It's also possible that you are getting issues due to older hardware, a battery wearing out or even bad internet connections. Time Warner cable where I live loves to get jammed up around lunch time and things like Radio can't work without a solid connection.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Apple had to pull developers from the OS X Mavericks team to help finish iOS 7 for launch. So yeah. It's going to take a few patches to iron it out. Now the question is will Mavericks also not be quite finished as well at launch?

8. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

That's a very good point, thumbs up dude.

9. NCWildcat macrumors member

NCWildcat

Removing tap to Tweet from the notification center sucks. Also, getting to albums through the Music app sucks...if you have more than one album by and artist you have to scroll through all the songs of the other albums to get to the one you want.

Also, my remote App crashes all the time, but I think that is since the AppleTV update.

10. Mabus51 macrumors 6502

So uh when are they going to finish iOS 7? ;)

The music app is one of the worst offenders of iOS 7. It constantly duplicates albums and tracks on my phone even though it doesn't actually duplicate the files. Just the listings. If I delete one it deletes both and then tells me it's available on the cloud as two identical but separate albums. It's only happening on my phone, iTunes is fine. Threw my iPad in the trash after iOS 7 infected it with the eye straining white and choppy animation virus.

11. jon3543 macrumors 6502

Something similar happened to my Touch after the iOS 7 upgrade WRT cycling through songs stored on the device and being unable to play them. After restoring to factory defaults and restoring my iCloud backup, I tried resyncing, and syncing music would get stuck forever on "Waiting for changes to be applied" or "Waiting for items to copy", after iTunes ticked off all the songs in the playlist I was syncing, having taken hours already to convert them to 128 Kbps. After waiting overnight, I unplugged the Touch, and it said it had far fewer songs than were in my playlist. When I plugged it back in, iTunes showed 30 GB of "Other", which I take it were the orphaned songs.

The only thing that helped was restoring iOS 7 and setting up as a new device. Restoring my iCloud backup consistently restored the bad state. I fought this for several days and many different troubleshooting procedures before giving up. I didn't lose everything, though. My Safari and iBooks bookmarks were preserved by iCloud, my Tapatalk ID preserved my Tapatalk accounts, I emailed myself all my Converter+ templates, etc. The main PITA was having to re-enter passwords for everything.

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

13. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Works for me.

And your post title should read, I couldn't care less. (If that's what you mean).

14. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

When iOS 8 arrives. iOS 7 is not perfect. Neither is iOS 6.1.4. Obviously, 6 is more refined because it's had 8 point releases. iOS 7 has just been released a week ago (and has only had 2 really minor patches). Give it a little more time (There will probably be another point release around iPad event in a couple of weeks, when they'll really be ironing out bugs. FThe first two point releases were "only" focusing on security and touchID )

15. Zcott macrumors 68020

Upvote for this. How could this thread go so far without someone pointing it out?!

16. Paddle1 macrumors 68020

What?

17. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Maybe it's just my phone, but I'm not experiencing any of the problems listed here.

18. PhoneI macrumors 65816

It never belonged there though. Tap to tweet is not a notification. Maybe they should put a tweet button in control center though.

19. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Again, not something that happens on my phone. I am able to activate apps during the animation sequence. I can't swipe to another screen however.

----------

Yep, just tried it myself and it worked. I have noticed that if there's more than a second delay between saying "play" and the name of the song it won't work.

20. NCWildcat macrumors member

NCWildcat

Yeah I get it, but removing it still makes it less convenient.

21. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

I would request u to take a backup on pc or icloud , erase all content from the device itself from settings and not restore ... Mans then restore from backup ... Worked with me

22. matttye macrumors 601

I can pull it up every single time without fail. Swipe from below the screen. There's a slightly annoying issue where it makes a keyboard click when swiping from below the keyboard even though the character you 'clicked' doesn't actually get inserted.

23. anyjungleinguy macrumors regular

24. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

That seems to do the trick, thanks.