I Couldnt Help but Kiss My MacBoook Pro after the Keynote

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HappyDude20, Oct 20, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Very silly, random thread I decided here but it's the truth..

I kept thinking my subconscious self would be figuring out a way to sell my mbp for the new Air, however after the keynote was over I picked up my MBP like a newborn baby and kissed it ever so gently.

:D

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Honestly, I like them. I like the design a lot better, and I think they will probably do the second revision shortly to include SB, but they just needed to get something out there ASAP. Much better pricing, up to 4GB memory, and dual USB ports, plus a higher resolution display. Definitely a lot of pluses there. Is it perfect? no. But it's better.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I do agree. I just saw the hands on engadget review and can't helpnbut wonder if my parents would benefit from it. They don't have macs yet but have each been wanting one considering my sister and I each have MacBook pros and they'd love to video chat and all that good stuff with us while my sis is in new York currently and I'll be heading out to Tokyo. My two or three qualms about the new air is the lack of hard drive which would allow me to place my 500gb HD. And also the lack of backlit keyboard which the mbp spoiled me with.

I can't imagine my parents needing a huge hard drive space so it's def. On my mind for this holiday season to each get them.

I do think they look beautiful though..more beautiful if the keyboard lit up. :(

4. TJones macrumors regular

I think a 13 inch MBP is a much better value over the MBA. Unless you're very physically weak and need something under 3 lbs I couldn't see why anyone would buy an Air. Still the MBA looks like a nice machine.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

But the screen resolution is higher and the pixel density, the pixel density! That's one of the major selling points I think. I bet it looks fantastic. The only thing I don't like is that it's a C2D and not even an i3. My guess is that they were trying to hit a specific battery life number. After all, 7 hours for a package that small is impressive. And 30 days of standby!? I know it's not using much juice but still! That's insane!

6. steven90cr macrumors newbie

yea MBA stack with standard mbp15 resolution... god damn we have to wait till first quarter of 2011 for new mbp 13

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Nah, the nVidia 320m is the reason they went with the C2D instead of the newer chips.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Ahhhh, I didn't think of that.