Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tooelejord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2021
I recently cracked the screen of my S3, is it worth upgrading to a S6 or SE now or wait 3 months for the S7?

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I went ahead and bought the series 6 instead of waiting for the 7. Not only because rumor has it that the update is gonna be meh....but i plan to do a lot pf physical training this Summer and needed one now. i have to say, I love the series 6. ??

Reactions: !!! and bricktop_at

robotica

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2007
Edinburgh
If it’s still usable I would wait. Not worth getting glass in your fingers though. Maybe a screen protector would help?

Tooelejord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2021
Well, the screen no longer is responsive, so only the side buttons work

Attachments

• D65F1766-CBFA-49BD-80A5-E7EC99DA9F00.jpeg
    D65F1766-CBFA-49BD-80A5-E7EC99DA9F00.jpeg
    627.2 KB · Views: 107

shakopeemn

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2014
I recently cracked the screen of my S3, is it worth upgrading to a S6 or SE now or wait 3 months for the S7?
Don't put off, unless budget issue. Do it now with the sales at Amazon, BB, Target, Walmart this week. I noticed series 3 to 5 was a big step.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Well, the screen no longer is responsive, so only the side buttons work
So it’s not really usable anymore, well, it would not be usable for me but your usage might be different.
Lots of sales going on right now so I’d get a new one, which one depends on you usage though, plenty of threads here to check out

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Don't put off, unless budget issue. Do it now with the sales at Amazon, BB, Target, Walmart this week. I noticed series 3 to 5 was a big step.
It is likely the fellow is not living in the US. All these merchants and sales are pretty much non-existent in most countries.

robotica

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2007
Edinburgh
If it were me, i would probobly still wear it for the fitness tracking only and hold out for the series 7. Thats just me though, I am still working from home so I can have my phone out at any time. Would have to think about it if I was back in the office. You should still be able to read longer texts using the dial if they are set to auto display. Like others are saying, the watches out now are great. I just think you get better value out of it if you wait.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
It is likely the fellow is not living in the US. All these merchants and sales are pretty much non-existent in most countries.

Or maybe they are in the States: per the watch image, might be in Utah. So if that's the case, I'd probably pull the trigger on a 6, due to the mentioned sales going on right now and not much more than the SE. And as @Greenmeenie said, the 7 might be a meh update.

I killed my 3 back in early May, went with SE as ECG and VO2 reading was not important to me, hence not wanting to pay the mark-up. If today with current sales, would have got the 6.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
ive heard the series 7 is going to be a body redesign going to flat edges like the iphone 12 line up

Tooelejord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2021
Can you tell us how your cracked it? Did it fell on the floor? I accidentally hit my watch a few times, but so far so good.
I don’t actually know how it cracked. I must’ve hit it hard enough against a brick wall. I looked down at when I was in Costco and it was broken. My guess is that I brushed up too hard next to the masonry wall outside of Costco and that did it in.

acblue94

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
New York, NY.
I went ahead and bought the series 6 instead of waiting for the 7. Not only because rumor has it that the update is gonna be meh....but i plan to do a lot pf physical training this Summer and needed one now. i have to say, I love the series 6. ??
Nice way to justify not waiting. But the watch 7 with a new redesign and faster is meh for you then what is a worth an upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.