I deserve a replacement right? Because Apple is easy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShootingStars, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ShootingStars macrumors member

My iphone 4S is still in warranty and the ear speaker sounds very low now. When I call my friends their voices can be heard but barely at MAX volume. There is obviously a problem here. Should I take to Apple and get a replacement? I tried all kinds of wierd solutions like headphone jack plug-in/out, sucking in from the ear speaker, etc. None work ;_;

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If the phone isn't working right, is in warranty, and has no water damage, then yes.

4. Novaappledude macrumors newbie

Definitely. If you can barely hear your friends, it is a huge issue.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, you shouldn't have any problem exchanging it.

6. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

If they can't duplicate the issue, you won't receive a replacement. So make sure that it can be duplicated.

7. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I've gotten a couple replacements with my different itterations of the iPhone, 1 had a cracked screen, that had literally had the front half of the phone submerged in water (4s), one where the camer had issues after that portion had been in water in the cup holder on the treadmill (this one really ticked me off cause usually I had wrapped it in a towel before putting in there, this was the iPhone 4) a 3Gs replaced when soda had spilled on it, so if I can get those replaced with no fuss and telling the genius behind the bar that I had already done his troubleshooting steps ( I had done them as I am a tech person and I do this **** for a living) you should not have an issue. :apple::D

8. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Man, that's a lot of damage you should more carefull.

9. appleisgod macrumors regular

Had that same issue, they just take it back and blow some compressed air into it. Overtime little stuff just piles in there until its noticeable.

10. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

it averages out to once per phone, with the 4s I was opening my car door and my tool bag slipped off my shoulder hit my hand and the phone slipped and fell into what amounted to a stream of water, and I don't know hwo the thing got cracked it was not from this time when I dropped it, the 4 was the 1 time I didn't wrap the thing up and the 3gs I put it on a table to I could grab my glass and it slipped

11. HiDEF, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  12. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

One of the defining factors why I chose an iPhone is Apples outstanding take on Customer Service.

13. iamjose macrumors regular

Wow... that sounds incredibly wierd and kind of dirty. :eek:

14. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Once per phone is still a lot though. I've had every generation except for the 3G and the worst damage I've ever got if a little chip in the corner of my 4S back cover if you look closely. Anyway I guess it doesn't really matter, as long as you aren't purposefully breaking them, which you aren't, there's no issue.

15. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Apple builds in plenty of profit, so they can easily afford their liberal policies. In addition it's part of the culture, everytime I'm at an Apple store I notice lots of people doing returns.

16. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

not necessarily true. Sometimes when its within warranty they will just swap it out.

I had a problem when putting my phone on speaker phone that the other person on the line couldn't hear a thing i was saying.

When i took it into Apple i told them the problem and they just replaced it, they didn't even test it out first.

17. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Something so many companies fail to understand.