I didn't but now I must!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kannesss, Sep 16, 2012.

1. kannesss macrumors 6502a

I have no idea what happened.
    I have a 4S and it's great, i wouldnt trade it for any other phone, except a 5.

why do i want one so much now, when I know i can wait and get it next year..
    this is horrible. I want to sell my 4S and pay the difference for a new 5.

apple always gets me with those extras.:apple::apple:

2. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Be strong, it'll pass.

I think that due to the money involved, it would not be a worthwhile upgrade.

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

Stay strong soldier

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Listen to your gut, get the 5. It's worth it!. Think about it, you use your iphone all the time and if there is something worth upgrading in life, it's definitely your phone as I can't think of anything that you can buy that will be used as much. Get the 5!.

5. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :p

6. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I agree. That's what I felt last year with the 4S. Give it a few weeks or whatnot, let the excitement die down, and it will pass. Oh, also, go play with it when it gets in the store. Chances are you'll realize it's not that much better than your phone (apple tends to aim the upgrades more at people with the 2 year old phones than the 1 year old phone so you probably won't see as much a difference, I know that helped me last year to decide it wasn't worth it).

What is happening is you are like me, total gadget geek, and everyone getting all excited is very catching when you know what it's like and can empathize with how exciting it can be. Once we all settle down and stop being all jittery to get our new devices you'll find you will find it easier to resist. And then next year you can be all excited and I can be jealous cause it's not my time to upgrade ;).

(and I can tell you I'm glad I waited. The 4S was a good phone and all but not worth that much money to upgrade from a 4. The 5 is a much more worthier upgrade seeing as it upped the speed a lot again. At least judging from the videos I'm really going to notice a change in how it runs :) ).

7. Duckit macrumors regular

Duckit

This is exactly how I feel right now. I'm resisting the urge to upgrade, but whenever is see a picture of the iPhone 5 I just want it more and more each time.

8. illutionz macrumors 65816

Every single iOS 6 new feature will come to 4S. Essentially, if you do not care about bigger screen, new design, or LTE, then there is 0 incentive for you to purchase the 5 :)

9. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

it'll pass. Or maybe not. At least the 4s looked identical to the 4. I wasn't even tempted by the 4s when it came out. But a new design is always nice. Look at it this way though, next year you'll get the 5s while most of us now will be stuck with the 5 unless we want to pay $$.

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

If you do t get the 5 you'll look like the schmuck everyone knows you are :cool:

11. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I upgraded my 4S to a 5, but only because my wife and I are on alternate schedules, so we can upgrade every year (she gets my old phone, I get the new one, since she doesn't care at all about which phone she has).

That said, if I had to pay either full price or 'early upgrade' pricing for the 5, I would have waited, as the 4S gets every software feature. Only real advantages for the 5 are the larger screen and LTE. Extra speed is nice, but I can't say my 4S is laggy.

12. aries2k1 macrumors newbie

You should just get it now and stop updating every year. The 5S will no doubt be a minor improvement that many people will want, but once that 2 year contract is over the iPhone 6 will be just around the corner.

13. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

What? It's a huge upgrade. Huge both in form and function. Sell the 4S, and get the 5.

14. myditka macrumors member

A little off topic but I thought your avatar bug was real and i smacked my screen lol good one

15. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

I've got the 4S, I'm getting the 5 on Friday, and I'll get the 5S next year.

:D

16. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Definitely just wait for the hype to pass! You'll probably be good to upgrade for the 5S (if an 'S' update happens) next year, and then you'll have the cooler version of the 5 and the rest of us who stick to our 2 year upgrade cycles will be bummed watching the keynote. It just feels like you're missing out now because the 5 is a new ~generation~ or whatever.

I was pretty bummed when the 4S keynote was published and I had the 4, but it actually makes my jump to the 5 seem WAY more exciting. I'm really excited to have a way better camera.

17. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

It doesn't seem any 'huger' than any previous upgrade. Especially when it come to the price of upgrading to the 5. I only feel that the upgrade cycle is worth it every other iphone release. But of course, its up to the buyer. Feel free if you want to spend hundreds to upgrade your glass phone to an aluminium phone, with a half inch taller screen and faster wireless downloads. They'll probably prove very useful when trying to beat your high score on angry birds whilst listening to music...

18. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I'm in the same boat. I have a 4S and wasn't going to get the 5 but the Apple marketing machine has gotten to me. Since I didn't preorder it looks like I'm getting up very early onnFriday and standing in line.

19. kokhean macrumors regular

Apple products have this sort of magnetic effect for most people.
    I am immune to this :D

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

21. TheNakedMan macrumors member

I have an iphone 4...and I've been thinking I'm going to upgrade. I can't get turn by turn directions any other way. LOL.

22. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

News flash. It's the biggest upgrade ever.

23. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

+1
    Lol I tried wiping then smacking it off:D

24. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

And I suppose the iPhone 5S will be an even bigger upgrade when that comes out. I honestly can't see your reasoning behind it being the biggest upgrade yet. If any of the iPhones was the biggest then in my eyes it was the transition from the 3GS to the 4. But this is turning into a completely different discussion now. At the end of the day, in my opinion, whether its the biggest upgrade or not, I can't see how most people can justify paying the money to upgrade to an iPhone 5 if you already own the 4S.

25. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I think my reason is pretty compelling. "Because I want the iPhone 5."

Justified.