Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jediuia

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
… I don't ever want that unsightly tan-line again.

I can't think of one thing I'd use Apple Watch for that my iPhone can't do better. Even with Apple Pay, I have to keep cards or cash with me in case the vendor doesn't use it.

It does look cool, though. I like everything except the black bezel.

A $349 guitar tuner, perhaps? Nah.

Just think, a couple more years you'll be ditching your cell phone for a watch.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
This is an internet forum.
None of this matters

While, to a certain extent.... I guess I understand the sentiment. I don't see how the medium changes the validity of the message. How does my opinion (or yours) matter less on a forum, than say.... chatting with acquaintances at a coffee shop?
However, you wouldn't tell somebody "none of this matters; this is a coffee shop". It just seems weird to me...
It is becoming the new "no, it's cool... I have a black friend" type of phoney "reasoning" to excuse the speaker of saying things that would typically be considered indecorous.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
While, to a certain extent.... I guess I understand the sentiment. I don't see how the medium changes the validity of the message. How does my opinion (or yours) matter less on a forum, than say.... chatting with acquaintances at a coffee shop?
However, you wouldn't tell somebody "none of this matters; this is a coffee shop". It just seems weird to me...
It is becoming the new "no, it's cool... I have a black friend" type of phoney "reasoning" to excuse the speaker of saying things that would typically be considered indecorous.

The problem IS the venue.
If you and I were in a coffee shop I'm fairly certain this wouldn't have devolved to any of this.

In person just facilitates such better behavior and the ability to discern nuance, meaning and body language.
All of that is sorely lacking from online venues.....

...and there's the anonymity problem of course. :)

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
The problem IS the venue.
If you and I were in a coffee shop I'm fairly certain this wouldn't have devolved to any of this.

In person just facilitates such better behavior and the ability to discern nuance, meaning and body language.
All of that is sorely lacking from online venues.....

...and there's the anonymity problem of course. :)

Yeah. If one of my coworkers kept repeating himself about how he's not interested in everything, I imagine they wouldn't keep their jobs very long.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
Jog with it while listening to music? Tracks your steps and stuff as well. Don't need the iphone for that.

… I don't ever want that unsightly tan-line again.

I can't think of one thing I'd use Apple Watch for that my iPhone can't do better. Even with Apple Pay, I have to keep cards or cash with me in case the vendor doesn't use it.

It does look cool, though. I like everything except the black bezel.

A $349 guitar tuner, perhaps? Nah.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Yeah. If one of my coworkers kept repeating himself about how he's not interested in everything, I imagine they wouldn't keep their jobs very long.

..or if he just gushed over and over again about loving something to an almost surreal extent.

Same problem, different end of the spectrum

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
..or if he just gushed over and over again about loving something to an almost surreal extent.

Same problem, different end of the spectrum

Indeed. Both types are annoying.

There. Now I can surf in peace.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.