Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClemTiger0408

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I called AppleCare at about 2pm yesterday to see if I could get my battery replaced. This morning I received the battery at my door.

I realize some of the credit goes to the delivery service, but kudos to Apple for getting my order out the same day as it was placed, even when they aren't making any money out of it.

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
I called AppleCare at about 2pm yesterday to see if I could get my battery replaced. This morning I received the battery at my door.

I realize some of the credit goes to the delivery service, but kudos to Apple for getting my order out the same day as it was placed, even when they aren't making any money out of it.
I didn’t start posting to these forums until recently, so I have no idea what the consensus about AppleCare may be. I will say, though, that I had AppleCare with my old PowerBook G4 17 Inch, which I recently replaced after nearly 5 years of use. I did get the power adapter replaced on that one under the coverage but nothing else went wrong during the first three years. But what I liked best about AppleCare was the unlimited telephone support that comes with it. I got a lot of questions answered quickly and conveniently that way. I plan to buy AppleCare coverage for my recently acquired MacBook Pro, too.

markrivers

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Stevenson Ranch, California
apple care = peace of mind ( roughly 69%)

you don't have to worry about the logic board failing, the lcd screen dying, the keyboards fading/ unresponsive due to normal usage.

but you still have to worry about spilling liquids whether consumer ( like water, coke, coffee, tea) or bodily fluids ( use your imagination), dropping your MBP .:D

i would still get it.

cmcbridejr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
It is nice to read positive reviews about products and services.

Most people usually only take the time to post negative comments.

Kind of like my job. I am in sales and I rarely hear from my customers unless something is wrong.

Posts like these make me think it may be worth the investment in Apple Care next time I buy a computer.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Azmordean

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2004
Silicon Valley
Quick question - and perhaps this is not the thread to ask it - if not I apologize. But, assuming one does not get the extended warranty, you only have like 90 days of phone support. I assume this means you can't call to ask for help with things after 90 days, but can still call, if, for example, there is a hardware issue that requires repair under the one year warranty. Ie, a call for help isn't okay, but a call to merely schedule warranty work is. Is this correct?

I've always wondered how you use your one year warranty if you aren't allowed to call Apple and live nowhere near an Apple store :confused:

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Quick question - and perhaps this is not the thread to ask it - if not I apologize. But, assuming one does not get the extended warranty, you only have like 90 days of phone support. I assume this means you can't call to ask for help with things after 90 days, but can still call, if, for example, there is a hardware issue that requires repair under the one year warranty. Ie, a call for help isn't okay, but a call to merely schedule warranty work is. Is this correct?

I've always wondered how you use your one year warranty if you aren't allowed to call Apple and live nowhere near an Apple store :confused:

The 90days is for tech support, kinda useful if your new to the system and your stuck!

As for warranty. Usually, if you call and explain your problem and it's in need of service they can send you a box to place your box into... then you simply ship your machine back to Apple for service, though it depends where you live, sadly...

tip

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
Getting a battery replaced is technically not a repair, which is where the bulk of the complaints are. Now, with repair complaints, keep in mind that some of the centers are better than others - Flextronics (in Memphis) seems to have most of the complaints.

Generally speaking though - yes, AppleCare is quick and easy, and I still recommend it, despite many of the bad repair stories I've read.

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
I return to this dormant thread to report that in its latest issue, Consumer Reports found Apple’s tech support to be the best in the industry:

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2008/05/06.1.shtml

That reminded me of why I just bought my second AppleCare package, this time for my MacBook Pro. Although Macs don't break very often, three years of unlimited access to the best tech support out there is meaningful.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
The 90days is for tech support, kinda useful if your new to the system and your stuck!

As for warranty. Usually, if you call and explain your problem and it's in need of service they can send you a box to place your box into... then you simply ship your machine back to Apple for service, though it depends where you live, sadly...

I always go to the Genius bar. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.