I don't feel like I got a new phone :-(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gix1k, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I mean coming from a 4s, I feel like I have the same old phone. In fact, I feel like I have less of a phone because I gave up my 5.1.1 jailbreak. Thinking maybe I should have done the S3 just to get a new device feeling.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Or just spray the 5 with a bottle of new phone smell. :rolleyes:

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Sure, but you're liable to get fed up how lame it is and miss the iOS like many others who've gone down the road.

5. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

It's super fast, it's significantly lighter and I had the 2g, 3G, 3GS, 4, and 4s and it's the best one out of all of them by far!!

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

+1 on asking this.

For me its as much about what's under it's hood as well as aesthetics

7. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

your insane. I switched from a 4S today and i knew from the second i turned it on it was a new phone. wayyyy faster.

8. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

That is an understatement, this thing flies!

9. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I don't get why people are saying the 5 is better than the 4S, obviously! The 5 better be an upgrade. If a newer model of a phone was worse than a previous model things wouldn't be looking so good for Apple.

10. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

So sell your iPhone 5 and use the money to get an SIII then get the new IPod Touch next month since that will be the same thing without a cell radio. Win/win

11. shrtmkr macrumors regular

12. beem4520 macrumors member

The 4s seems so bulky compared to this thing.

Some are just never happy.

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I share your thoughts, but we're in the minority. Read the thousands (yes thousands) of posts and you'll see the pattern. Especially compared to Android.

The famous refrain is "specs don't matter" (unless Apples are best) "it's all about the experience" they say. "it just works".

14. supervelous macrumors 6502

I can't believe I'm saying this, had every iphone since the 3G and also got the 5 today, and even coming from a Jailbroken 4 I was a little dissapointed BECAUSE I actually did get an S3 on another line about 3-4 days ago.

Looking at the unjailbroken rows of apps is boring me....Kinda upset at myself for even trying the S3 because I think I'd be much more impressed if I had just gone from the 4 to the 5. The speed increase is insane, the camera is amazing, bigger screen, LTE, love what they did design-wise, etc.

But using the S3 for a few days which has an even bigger screen, is pretty much just as fast, has widgets, live wallpaper, NFC, also a good camera, and is just so much different than what I've been staring at for 4 years was refreshing and I'm not sure if I am keeping the 5.

The 5 may win out simply because of my situation. I don't live with my daughter who is 7 and her mom has an iphone and she facetimes me. In fact she just called me and we facetimed for 20 minutes. I don't think I can give that up, but if it wasn't for that I think I'd keep the S3 and return the iphone for sure.

Then again, lots of people do that then have issues with Android down the road and come back, which scares me. We'll see.

15. mac jones macrumors 68040

Just the ol buyers remorse bud. A result of too high expectations and/or expenditure.

16. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I'm not knocking the 5, just saying face value, it feels the same. Faster, well no it doesn't feel faster. I had speed optimizer on my 4s and it was a rocket. It definitely feels thinner..I'll give it that.

17. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

Well said! Just falling for the hype! Focusing on what you want than what you need!!!

I am sure many will be in the line to return it soon once the novelty wears off (especially 4S ppl).

18. bisnicks macrumors regular

I have the same feeling. I don't personally have the phone, but I played with it today. Yes, it's noticeably faster, thinner, lighter, bigger screen, etc. but something about it doesn't make me feel like it's THAT much of an improvement over my 4S. I will be buying it though because I want 4G LTE. I know people hate when they do it, but I wish it had a special software feature (similar to how the 4S had Siri) that was exclusive.

I'd never considering going back to Android though. Those days are long gone.

19. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

20. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

And holding it makes me feel like I'm back with my old iPod touch. At 112 grams it's actually lighter than generations 1-3 of the touch and only 11 grams heavier than generation 4

21. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

my jailbreak is saweet, fastclockup is a beaut clark. still faster than your non-jb 5. xo

22. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

That made me giggle. If the battery life was even close, I would have gotten the S3.
    Thing that pisses me off is they are already talking S4 :confused:

Plus I'm still upset over this new plug. I had a charger plugged in every room. GF and I had 4S', so I could use her cable at her house...now I gotta take my one and only cable everywhere or spend a Swedish mint on adapters

23. dmendiola macrumors member

I'm sad to say that kind of how I feel...maybe I shouldn't have upgraded my 4S to iOS6 right away. :confused:

24. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

This is why I sold my 4S for a profit and got the 5, opened it, and went about my life. I stay current because I profit if I upgrade every year, not because I'm going to be blown away by the incremental improvements.

25. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Wow. I feel the exact opposite. The phone feels amazing in hand