I don't have great graphics or lots of memory - should I be excited for Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Karvel, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Karvel macrumors regular

I have the first iteration of the white intel MacBook, of which mine has 1GB memory and the Intel GMA 950. I was getting quite excited reading about the whole "use GPU power to speed up other operations" and then realised that I hardly have the best graphics chip to do that? Is it really just a Cocoa Finder/Mail etc. that I would benefit from in Snow Leopard?

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

For the older models, if you have the original HD, it's likely the 5 or so GB of space given back might be useful for starters.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

iPhoto :confused:

iPhoto is not included in Snow Leopard. Unless you mean the much more expensive Mac Box Set with Snow Leopard, iLife '09 and iWork '09?

4. Karvel thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I was just thinking of an app that I use a lot, Mail then. ;)

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Ummm.. is your MB the Core Duo one... I believe they aren't 64bit so no.. it wont be too much of an improvement but heck..its a re-written OS so it'll definitely be more than noticeable!:)

6. Karvel thread starter macrumors regular

It's a 2 GHz Core 2 Duo. BUT I have a 17" 1.83 Ghz Intel Core Duo iMac - will that not benefit at all?? :confused:

7. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

You'll also get to take advantage of Grand Central Dispatch. The rewritten Finder and QuickTime X should also make a huge difference for you.