I don't know about you, but I actually like U2's new album!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donster28, Sep 9, 2014.

1. donster28 macrumors 65816

I was an 80's teen but I didn't love U2 then, only in my 30's that I got to appreciate their music and I still do.

Just downloaded and listened to the songs...I love 'em! Classic and new U2 all rolled into one!

I suggest you give it a try. It does't hurt that it's free, free, free!

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I like U2 in general (sorry haters) so I'm excited to hear it. Sadly I can't get it on my iPhone 5 (using iOS6). Just not showing up.

I'll have to download iTunes again (shudder) and get it that way.

:apple:

3. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Same here...had to grab mine from my Mac iTunes. I would pay to buy this album but hey, I'm not complaining! Best gift from Apple in a while! :)

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Found my solution via Reddit:

FOR THOSE CONFUSED BY THE 'PURCHASED' BIT:

Make sure under Settings -> Music that "Show all music" is enabled. Then go to iTunes. Tap 'More' - 'Purchased' - 'Music' - scroll down to 'Various' - Download.

:apple:

5. ben123456 macrumors regular

I have not been able to download. Just says "purchased" for me and haven't found anywhere I could download it.

Edit: found it under various

6. note235 macrumors 6502a

hmm doesn't show up at all on mine given your instructions

7. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Taking forever to show up on my phone either. Oh well, at least I got in my Mac now.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Thanks! That worked.

9. sportello macrumors member

So cheesy... Had to walk away when the stream and liveblogs turned into that...

10. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I hated the first couple of songs but kinda got into it after that. I dare say that it's another forgettable U2 album though, which is a shame because the last one was somewhat of a return to form after a few disposable pop albums. Their creative heyday definitely ended with Achtung Baby in my opinion, which remains one of their very best.

Nice to get the new album for free though :)

11. CoriG macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. I am able to see the album's name under the various tab, but no songs under and am unable to download it. Any suggestions?

12. Winona Northdakota, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

I don't know about you, but I actually like U2's new album!

I am a huge U2 fan. I loved the Long Walk to Freedom song. I listened to the new album and I hate it. Every song seems forced and thrown together, with creepy songs about California and weird song themes that keep repeating like fear. Some of the songs are rocking enough and have potential, but seem lyric sloppy, like U2 was under immense pressure from Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine of U2's longtime label, Interscope, to output an album for Apple's event. They probably threw a huge wad of money U2's way, though U2 doesn't need the money, U2 relented and this is the result. The sound is new territory sound for U2, yet some early years familiarity. Some of it works, while some of it is like a cheese grater on a chalkboard. I am wondering who produced this. It doesn't have the feel of Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, Flood, Howie B., etc. Creepy. Free isn't the point. The band seems off their mark. I will be putting the Fish Out of Water remix of Even Better than the Real Thing or the Wonderland remix of Magnificent on repeat until the next album.

13. wxman2003 Suspended

14. chirpie macrumors 6502a

chirpie

Sign me up as one who thinks it's one of their better efforts in a while. No Line on the Horizon had exactly two songs that I ever kept playing, this album already has 5 or 6 that I've taken a liking to. I wish they did more team up songs after hearing Lyyke Li in "The Troubles" on this album (and their previous one, The Wanderer from Zooropa)