I don't know any concrete facts about the iPad 2, but I'm getting it

Discussion in 'iPad' started by i eversaw, Jan 24, 2011.

1. i eversaw macrumors regular

i eversaw

I've waited a whole year, I'm not going to let these rumors of a non-retina display or 1 MP camera keep me down! I'm just going to buy it and enjoy it!

2. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

3. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

The first one is great.

Obviously the second will have improvements even if they are only slight improvements.

With that said, you can't go wrong with the new one coming out or one of the ones out right now.

I love my iPad!

4. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Not 100% certain yet but I am also pretty sure that I will go for the iPad 2 whenever it comes out. Hoping there will be one awesome feature that will tip me over the edge to get it :D

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

Probably a good idea if you want one. I have the 2010 model iPad and it works great for what I need. I probably won't consider getting a new device until next year myself.

6. JAG77 macrumors member

Count me in! I've been waiting for the new one since I graduated in December. I started my engineering job and I really think it will help me in the office with all the PDFs I make. Although, I will be upgrading to the ipad 3 for sure if it has a retina display.

7. '73-B macrumors regular

Same here - I will pre-order as soon as that becomes an option.

8. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

I will anlu buy the ipad3 because mu ipad 1 os good enough

9. fivenotrump macrumors regular

I'll wait for iPad3

as I have no use for a camera on it

10. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

ok... what? :D

11. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

If iPad 2 has a better display I may consider upgrading.

A rear camera would only be useful to me for making a rough copy of physical documents. Front facing would be nice for FaceTime and skype but I don't really use those a lot with my iPhone so I don't think I will really use them on an iPad (But they would be nice to have..)

An SD card slot would make it slightly more compelling as long as the Photos app gets improved in an OS update.

Speedwise the iPad could be faster and have more memory, but I am not going to upgrade just for a new processor and more memory. I do that with my laptop computers that I actually need to be high performance.

Otherwise I'll probably stick it out with iPad 1 till the 3rd generation.

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This is the reason why I'm going to pick up the current one within a week or so. I have a MB Pro and my i4 if I need to do FaceTime so a cam is definitely not needed on the iPad.

13. WLS macrumors 65816

I'm in as long as they don't do something really stupid like say make it an A4 with 512 Mb ram.

14. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I still don't see why there is any need for a camera on the device.

A back facing camera is ludicrous, no one is going to hold up an iPad to take a photo. A front facing camera is stupid as well, besides the fact that half the networks still wont allow video conferencing over 3G, it's a case of either holding up your iPad in front of you, buying the stand, or crouching over it like an idiot.

Any camera that goes on this device will be Apple caving to public pressure, unfortunately the public are idiots who have no idea what they want. If I asked my customers want they wanted, they would reply "a faster horse".

No one is going to use the camera, it's going on there because it will make the device sell better and it costs pennies to stick in a cheap low grade camera.

15. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

Let's just say the keyboard could do with some work ;)

16. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

Actually a back-facing camera will be incredibly useful - much more useful than a front-facing one. Just because you're unable to see the potential doesn't make it "ludicrous". :)

17. baummer macrumors 6502a

Well, what happens if the iPad 3 has a camera?

I hope there isn't a camera beyond a front face camera for video chat. I just can't see the benefit in using such a large device to snap a picture. Then again, Apple is really good at convincing use of a feature even if it makes no common sense.

18. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

No-one except you guys thinks the back-camera is for taking photos. It is for recording documents, receipts, scanning barcodes, etc. plus AR applications.

19. baummer macrumors 6502a

That's a good point, I didn't even consider that.

20. dal20402 macrumors 6502

2048 x 1536 pixel-doubled display? I'll buy.

Not there? I won't.

The rest of the specs don't matter.

21. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Really???

He's saying that the camera isn't a reason to upgrade, but if it has a camera and there are other compelling reason to upgrade he will.

22. hi res macrumors member

hi res

Seriously, if the discussion turns back into this I'm not gonna do what everyone thinks I'm gonna do and FLIP OUT MAN! There are plenty of people who will utilize the camera...why else does EVERY OTHER TABLET THATS COMING OUT HAVE ONE?? I personally, cannot wait to use the camera on my iPad...using Photobooth with my nephews--they're gonna flip their lid! Great, I just turned the discussion back into "that" discussion....on that note, I'm leaving....but first, WHO'S COMING WITH ME?

23. baummer macrumors 6502a

No, you're taking that out of context. He only says he is waiting for the iPad 3 as he has no use for a camera. Don't add more to his statement than what is already there.

24. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

I am waiting for one to, all improvements and small price drop ... would make it such a nice buy. )))