I don't know if I am the first or not... Droped, iPad did not survived...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gahau, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Gahau macrumors regular

Well kinda survived...
    It happened yesterday, my 13 days old sparkling new ipad was dropped =(
    It droped about 3-4 feet with a case on (SGP Vintage Case) + it was in a neosleeve... dropped straight on a corner... didnt sound bad at all, from the sound alone i was pissed but I didn't think anything bad happened... WRONG!
    the aluminum case was lightly bent, dislodged the screen slightly, popped it back in but I was so pissed.
    The ipad is still functioning but it was damaged... WITH 2 CASES!
    Anyway I will spare you the details, I no longer own this 16gb 3G... proud owner of a new 32GB 3G

=)

2. Ironworker808 macrumors regular

This is why I'm waiting for Otterbox to finish their case before I buy one.

Sorry about your luck, man.

3. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

4. No ice please macrumors 6502

I read the title of the thread and cringed. I feel bad for you OP. What did you do with your broken one though?

5. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

Sell it on ebay

6. Gahau thread starter macrumors regular

Well...
    What happened to the iPad?
    I came clean to an apple rep I told him what happened... I was gonna get another 16... but the 32 just was more and more appealing (after using it for 2 weeks, I figure out that I really need the extra space)
    I told the genius, he talked to the manager... The took it back! I was like Woooow I clarified myself and told them that I DROPPED IT, they said they knew... today (day of the exchange) was actually my 14th day...
    They took it back I gave them $107 and got a BRAND NEW (white box)
    32GB + 3G
    :D
    how you like them :apple:?

7. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

Nice:D
    Rather surprised they took it back, now I feel like buying one destroying through stress tests and then returning it

8. Gahau thread starter macrumors regular

Well the "ding" was minor... you probably wouldnt have notice untill i tell you
    or if u look very very closely.
    Because the iPad is so tight inside it made the screen and rubber gasket pop out a tiny bit...
    I am suprized that they took it back and not charge me the 10%!
    It really depend on who is working that day... I have read some horror story... like the guys that couldnt supposedly buy one for his dad...
    I guess there are some bad :apple:'s in the basket...

9. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Apple is making money hand over fist on these things, it's not surprising that they hand out a little good will. I'm sure you'll be a returning customer. Sometimes you gotta spend money to make money.

10. Gahau thread starter macrumors regular

I do wish everyone was thinking in the same lines...
    However I have had some "bad" and heard some "bad" experience with particular sales person.
    I really depends on who you dealing with

11. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

I dropped my iPad the other day when I was heading to the car from work. We were experiencing a flash flood and I was doing everything I could to keep my iPad dry while holding an umbrella and several other boxes. Needless to say when attempting to put the items in the back of my car I dropped the iPad.

Thankfully it was in its case and although it landed in a flowing stream of water from the parking lot it still works fine. The only damage is cosmetic as it nicked a little off the edge but you would have to be looking for it to notice it. I think these things are made quite well.

12. Gahau thread starter macrumors regular

Did it hurt?
    I mean when I dropped my iPad (I rather not disclose location)
    I think i hurt me more (adrenaline rush and all)
    then it hurt the pad LOL

13. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

14. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

I honestly didn't think the iPad was hurt because it was in a case and I thought the case had taken the damage. Besides it was raining really hard and I was worried more about getting in my car without letting my iPad and all the other letters and package I had get wet. It was only after getting in the car and looking at the iPad that I noticed the slight damage. I wasn't too upset because the iPad still worked fine and it was only a minor cosmetic damage which was likely to happen sooner or later.