I don't know whether I am being really obtuse, but…

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iAttain, Jul 29, 2010.

1. iAttain macrumors member

How do I reply back to an e-mail which is threaded? I want to continue the thread and I am not sure how to do that on the iPhone 4. The only thing I see is a new e-mail on the bottom right corner but that wouldn't continue the thread, unless the iPhone has a smart threading feature.

Thanks guys

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You click on a specific message within a thread and reply to it, but unlike in Gmail (web version) your reply won't show up in that thread. If you want to see your replies, go to the Sent box.

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Unless I'm misunderstanding you (and I may well be), you cannot respond to the whole thread, just to the message within the thread.

Once to drill down to the message that you wanted to respond to (maybe it's the last message in the thread?) you will have the reply option back.

Just checked one of my threads to see.

4. iAttain thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick replies. I have managed to sort it out now, I had to be on the last message on the thread and you are right that it doesn't show the thread continuing but it actually does continue... Maybe that needs to be updated soon :)

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

What also needs to be updated is better implementation like in Gmail web version. Currently it takes one additional step to open a new message within a thread when in the inbox and one additional step to return to the inbox when you're finished reading a message within a thread.

I've turned off "Organize by threads" in mail settings for this reason.