I don't like 2 apps (video and music) I missed the all in 1 "iPod" app

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by imeth, Oct 16, 2011.

1. imeth macrumors regular

smh... that is just another icon space I don't like... wish they brought it back..

2. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

Me either why can't iTunes, music & videos all be in one ugh I need less icons!!!!

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Same here. Along with Newsstand and Reminders, my home screen's being eaten up! Much preferred it how it was.

4. flyboy0 macrumors newbie

Are you fricken serious?! Omg. It's 1 more extra app! Relax

5. LexLV macrumors newbie

Apart from it just being one extra icon, the music player is diabolical anyway. Apple messed up with this one.

6. Young Spade macrumors 68020

That would create more problems than solutions. The application would be too congested and people would get lost and complain of it being clunky.

There's a reason they created the Mac App Store instead of stiffing it into iTunes with the iOS app store. if they didn't, it would be way too cluttered.

7. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

The iPod name is so big is does seem weird to remove it from phones, but its no big deal.

8. coconutxyz macrumors member

or make stock weather voice memo newsstand calculator... into 1 app

9. carlessd macrumors newbie

video app

the only problem i have with the video app is the organisation of it, i can't figure out how to organise my videos into albums, artist etc... it seems they are all piled into one play and i have to scroll through them all!!

10. Tones2 macrumors 65816

If you are talking about theb music player on the iPad, then I totally agree. It's one of the worst apps I've ever seen design-wise. I don't know how they could take such a simple concept like displaying content and playing it with easy to press controls and screw it up so bad. Absolutely terrible. Including the lack of lyrics display.

The iPhone Music app is fine, however. Not a lot of difference from the old version except the seperation of the video (the latter of which I hate as well).

Tony

11. mpolda macrumors newbie

Prefer it this way

I've actually been hoping they would separate the two. It just makes more sense to me this way. Now if they would just move videos to the movies folder instead of the iTunes folder on the Mac. I agree with others about the music player. They really messed up the controls.

12. imeth thread starter macrumors regular

you dummy.. i really liked the ipod app picture also.. i don't like this music icon makes me feel like I got a top notch ipod touch

13. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I agree that it was better as one app. It must have taken a lot of time and effort to split them so there must be a good reason / plan.

14. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Same exact problem I'm having! Annoying when on a lot of artist you have an average of 5+ music videos.