I don't like sharing....

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Smileyboy, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I don't like sharing. I feel like somethings wrong with me at times

Like when a family member asks me to use up my car. All I see is the possibility of tragic endings and I say no.
    Or when people at work ask to use my tools.... I don't want to share them. I'd rather they use their own or go ask someone else. Even when I say yes, I'm constantly monitoring and hovering to make sure the item is ok...
    Same thing with food, clothes my Macs, iPhone and time. Sometimes people just aren't worthy IMHO. Anyone else?

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I can certainly understand the car. No way in hell would I let someone drive a car I owned unless it was an emergency. That's just too risky. I'm kind of the same with food. The rest I share with people.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I only am with my phone because its got lots of personal stuff on there. But mostly I do let people send a text or something on my phone if they've run out of money on theirs ... I just clear my messages first and don't let them out of my sight.

I'm alright sharing anything else though :)

4. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

If its valuable and breakable I spare both parties the trouble of it possibly breaking and say no.

If you wanna get better at sharing, get a sign. other and split everytime you go out to dinner. Save money and learn a valuable lesson

5. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

It's been tough but I've been able to share a lot lately. My best friend lost his iPhone and I spent the weekend with him. I let him use it to make calls and surf the internet as well as send a few texts. I even told him my passcode. It was tough but I survived it.

I also let my mom borrow my BMW this week. I just had to breathe and relax and remind myself that I could get it detailed once I got it back and that short of wrecking it wouldn't come back with dents or scratches etc.

I survived both examples and they may sound weird but if anyone is like me it was a huge accomplishment in not being so anal retentive.

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yeah i can totally relate. Taking food out of my plate will probably get you bitten, and for god's sake keep your hands off my goddamn iphone. why must you play with my iphone? It's not my fault your blackberry sucks at using the internet. My phone is like an extension of me, touching my phone is like touching my penis.

7. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Is that an iPhone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

8. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Someone once told me, "Never share more than you're willing to lose." and I think that is good advice.

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You work hard and save for some things, even sacrifice, then someone expects to use the fruits of your hard labour.

This is why they rent cars, trucks, tools, etc.

You want some printer paper, a pen, a ride somewhere, no problem.

Otherwise you better be prepared to fend for yourself. :D

10. Smileyboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Makes sense to me.... I gotta use that line. "that why they rent things..."

----------

tee hee penis:D

11. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

This puzzles me- I like having my penis touched.

12. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

But my phone gets touched by guys too. :(

13. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Hey Guys, you can play in my sandpit if you like 'cause iJ's already pee'd in it.
    KGB:D

14. bearbear macrumors regular

I think that's pretty weird to be honest. Sounds like you have some issues, but who doesn't?

15. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Would you have the car detailed even if there was no obvious reason to other than your Mom having driven? (hope that makes sense).

16. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

17. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Interesting that you brought that up. I'm a twin and I have absolutely no problem sharing things (food, computer, clothes, etc) and yet my brother (older by a few minutes) can't stand to share anything.

18. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I work hard to pay for the stuff I have and, whilst I`m happy to help any of my friends out (I have given my previous laptop and my now unused PS3 to a hard-up friend) I am very unwilling to lend anything out.
    My rule: Don`t lend it if you can`t afford to lose it.

19. LoganT macrumors 68020

I don't like to share my things because I want to be the one responsible for it. If I let you play with my iPhone and you drop it, I'm not only going to feel bad about that, but also feel bad that you feel bad for breaking it, and I'm too nice to make them pay for it.

20. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

To a certain extent, I think it depends on who asks you to share your possessions. It also depends on the character of the person who asks. Close family and close friends, yes, of course I'd consider sharing with (sometimes with monitoring, or suggestions on use), and have often done so.

However, I have noticed that some who ask to borrow, or share your possessions, ask with a sense of entitlement, and act quite hurt & injured at a refusal. Moreover, because such things (computers, printers, cameras, suitcases, etc) don't really matter to them, they sometimes fail to realise that they matter to you, and so, can be quite cavalier in their treatment of what they have borrowed, and, by the same token, extraordinarily non-chalent about the effect of their carelessness if they happen to break or destroy or damage what they have borrowed.

21. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

The guy who wants to share the wealth won't loan out his car or give a friend a bite of his sandwich. Jeeze....

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I believe he wants the rich people to share the wealth not himself.

23. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Maybe you should check it for santorum:

24. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Rich straight people.

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't like sharing my expensive toys, but I don't have much of a problem lending out DVDs or games unless it's rare or has some sentimental value attached to it.