I don't really like Siri but I love voice to text

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gtmac, Oct 29, 2011.

1. gtmac macrumors 6502a

While I haven't been that impressed with Siri, I am amazed at the accuracy of the voice recognition of the voice to text keyboard and find myself using voice to text quite a bit for notes and texts. I like that it can be used in any context the keyboard is used.

Very impressed!!!

Almost had my wife convinced to upgrade her 4 to a 4S after a demo, but she is just so much more patient that me.

2. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

I totally feel ya on that. I think it is the best part of the 4S.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

It's a great feature but sometimes I'm nervous for people around me to hear what I'm writing.

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

It's no different than any other feature. We all have our preferences and using it is a choice.

5. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Don't sext, or make plots to murder anyone using voice to text, and you should be all good.

6. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

like a moth to the flame! he who is "repulsed" by Siri cannot seem to resist posting about it in every single thread!

7. njgeek macrumors regular

If you're amazed by the voice to text keyboard (dictation) then you're amazed by Siri. You're just not big on the Q&A.

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

For me, to be able to set a reminder or appointment, while driving down the road without using the keyboard is worth it.

I will admit that I do use the voice to text funtion the most. I loved it on my Galaxy S2 and glad that Apple copied Android and put the mic on the keyboard!:p

9. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

It's not that. I'm just paranoid of people stealing business ideas/plans.

10. gtmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I understand your point but the accuracy isn't remotely comparable with Siri. She just doesn't do or understand most things I ask. The text to voice is so accurate it's amazing.