I don't receive traffic alerts but have frequent locations enabled.

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by mjschabow, Jan 22, 2016.

1. mjschabow macrumors 65816

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows a way to enable these alerts. I had the 6s Plus and got them when I left work which was really helpful in case there were traffic jams. After switching to the 6s I no longer receive them.

Thanks for any help.

2. bransoj macrumors 6502a

How long you had the 6S? It tends to take a while to learn your movements and then start doing the alerts. I've had my new 6S just under a week and they havent kicked in yet.

3. mjschabow thread starter macrumors 65816

That's a good point. I've had it for 2 weeks but did have to do a factory reset a couple days ago due to reverting from 9.3 to 9.2.

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Reverting from 9.3 back down to 9.2 would have caused a data reset basically for all the proactive learning stuff I believe.

From what I've seen on various proactive features, is that it takes at least a week to learn. (An example is, it can't guess what you're going to do this Friday if it has no data from last Friday to suggest off of.)

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

That's the point.
    Give it time to rebuild your data.

6. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

Mine hasn't worked period!
    Have had the phone since November.
    Too bad you can't input work address manually somewhere like you can in Google Maps and then it shows you traffic information on workdays.

7. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

I have my Home and Work addresses set in my contact card, and when I do directions in Maps it has Home and Work buttons.

Have you set it there? Not sure if it help with that but it's work trying if you haven't.

8. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

It's supposed to automatically pick it up based on your commuting pattern after some time.
    I'll try with adding it on my contact card to see if it makes a difference.

9. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

Make sure to have Bluetooth on. It will show on the lock screen, I initially had an issue with this as well, but once I turned Bluetooth on, it worked like a charm.

10. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

My phone knows my work and home. But I have NEVER received a proactive traffic alert...and I have had the phone since September...

any ideas?

11. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

There are two ways to get the information you seek but to my understanding Bluetooth has to be on and paired with your vehicle then:

1. Alerts will appear on your lock screen when you wake up your iPhone.
    2. You can check your notification tab and see your traffic information there.

12. mjschabow thread starter macrumors 65816

[​IMG]I think I figured it out! Show Notifications was unchecked.

13. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

The Bluetooth I use for my car doesn't seem to have that option.

14. mjschabow thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh that's really weird. I wonder if repairing Bluetooth with your car would solve it.

15. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

It's an aftermarket bluetooth kit for the car, so perhaps it is not coded with the right bluetooth profile.

Does your phone show those options even when not paired, or only when paired?

16. mjschabow thread starter macrumors 65816

No it's there even when I'm not connected. Still waiting to see if it actually fixes the problem but my hunch is that it will.

17. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

this is what you're trying to get, correct?

Attached Files:

18. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Yes!!! How the heck do I get those to work? I feel like I'm missing out on a major proactive feature.

19. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

heres what i have ticked...maybe like you said it has something to do with your actual bluetooth deice that your iPhone is communicating with? I have my iPhone 6 Plus directly paired with my 2013 Honda Accord EX-L. Then everything shows on either the lock screen or under notifications based on my most frequent locations.

Attached Files:

20. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

I'll have to check if that option pops up on my 2012 Acura TL.

21. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

I am not getting the traffic alerts either. I do not even have the screenshot that two of you have posted. It is just not there.

22. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

Go to Settings > Bluetooth (make sure its on) > Press the information button on your bluetooth device and you should see the details of that device.

23. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

24. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

It does for me I've got both mine on my contact card, and it will say for example 'current traffic will take 42 minutes to get Home' and of course same for work

if you don't add your work or home address to your contact card, the traffic eta on the notification screen will say '42 minutes until *name of area*' not home!

So an example would be if you worked in London it would say 'current traffic will take 42 minutes to get to London

25. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

For those of you that it's not working for, go to the Health app and see if any data is being logged. If not, go to the Sources tab and see if your phone is listed there.

This may sound stupid, but I wasn't getting any proactive alerts either until I got this other problem straightened out.