I don't think there is any denying anymore. Mobile Gaming is getting better.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by GKDAIR, Aug 31, 2012.

1. GKDAIR macrumors regular

Controls are improving
    Graphics are catching up
    Online Multiplayer
    Spend literally hours in some games

Mobile Gaming is getting more "hardcore" Gameloft games are simply stronger proof of this, and also companies like EA and the Infinity Blade guys.

Mobile Gaming is rising, consoles best be watching out.

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

They probably are. That's why nintendo has the 3ds and Sony has that other thing. But you're also probably talking about phone games, so maybe they better keep worrying...edit: duh! you put this in the iphone folder so of course you mean phone games. nevermind...

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Of course it is -- and not just now. It has been a constantly evolving matter and will continue to be so.

However, that doesn't mean that it will entirely replace consoles or desktop/laptop gaming. Mobile devices will always have to make compromises for mobility.

4. schaffinosx macrumors member

Mobile gaming is definitely getting better, yes. There are an array of games that are short, simple, and to the point, and a growing library of games that are more complex and PC / console-esque. A lot of my friends enjoy the more complex titles and I can see why: the graphics are getting better, the controls aren't odd, uncomfortable and unnatural, and of course, they're fun!

That said, I'm still a console gamer at heart. Nothing beats a nice control-in-hand or some Kinect / Move action. I barely have time for gaming as it is, so when I decide to plop myself down somewhere and boot up a game, I want to do it in the best way possible, which is still on consoles and computers.

5. Bilalo, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012

Bilalo macrumors 6502

Square Enix have the best games!!! Chaos Rings II is beyond awesome and for online order and chaos online rocks as well, as well as all their offline games, but look at pictures before getting any :)