I don't understand (leaked design)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by batting1000, Aug 7, 2012.

1. batting1000, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012

batting1000 macrumors 604

2. SR71, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012

SR71 macrumors 68000

If that's what it ends up looking like, then I'm sold. That's damn nice. Anyone who says otherwise, or says that it looks like the iPhone 4/4S and that it's no different, is just crazy.

That's one beautiful phone.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

4. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Who's mad? I'd be more concerned about the mental health of somebody who gets angry over an imaginary, yet to be announced, mobile device.

5. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

Agreed. It does look like a 4S in a way, but a really nice 4S.

6. Furifo macrumors 6502

Many don't like this supposed design for two main reasons:
    1) It looks similar to the 4/4S in terms of the general shape. People are not impressed with Apple's lack of a new, innovative design.
    2) Many wanted a phone that was proportionally bigger, longer AND wider, not just longer.

Personally, I think this design is beautiful. I really like it and I hope it DOES end up looking like this.

7. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

Well not mad, but have you not seen the threads in this forum where people are complaining like "why isn't it wider??? i don't want a longPhone 5!!!" or "that back is hideous!!!!!", etc, etc.

I know it's not real yet, but I'm convinced it is due to how consistent these rumors and leak are. If this wasn't it, I have no idea how Apple is keeping the real one under wraps, especially these days.

----------

Yeah. The 3GS looked just like the original iPhone in terms of shape. No one complained then...

8. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I actually hope it doesn't look like this, AT ALL. It looks horrendous. Sadly, it'll probably look like this and I'll be skipping this model.

9. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Hipsters always complain. So haters gonna hate!

10. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

If the next iPhone looks like that then. . . . .

I'm going back to the Black! Seriously, the first photo is epic. I like the white iPhone 4S that I have but I think it's time for me to switch up again. I went from Black iP4 -> White iP4S -> Black 'New iPhone'. Hopefully more software surprises to come though, that's what really matters.

11. pdutta2000 macrumors regular

My biggest gripe with this design is that the ergonomics of the phone will still be bad. Holding the iPhone 4/4S is no where near as comfy as the 3GS was. The 3GS just fit perfectly. The hard edges of the 4/4S just don't feel as nice. It looks amazing but everyday use is not as good because it's not as comfortable to hold for long periods.

These renders are really growing on me so I'll probably be on the Pre-order list but I'm holding out hope that Apple shocks the world again.

12. animatedude macrumors 65816

i don't understand why on the the white iPhone it looks beautiful with the Aluminum and very Apple but on the black one like the one above the Aluminum look so dark and awful.

i think many of us will go for the white one.

13. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

The more I see this update rumor, the more I like it. Specially the volume buttons being the same, since having the Samsung Galaxy S2 for a few days and not liking its (volume rocker) location (Lower than the iPhone buttons), and hitting it by accident. I like the same width for better handling with one hand. The added 1/2 inch taller is just right. The thickness + material also gives it a solid mature feel/appearance over the lighter/plastic android phones. Too thin as has been mentioned would not allow Apple to put a larger battery in it, necessary for longer use before it needs charging. I do hope this is close to what it will be. :D

14. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

15. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Looks exactly like all iPhone's the past five years. Meaning with the screen on, its still just full of app icons, the same ones from 2007. Where is the completely new redesigned UI and look that was rumored last year to be coming out for the next iPhone ?

I think Apple is sticking to their new mantra "If you can't innovate, then ya gotta litigate"

LOL iSheep will buy anything with a fruit logo.

16. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

The edges on the new iPhone have been softened. Notice the taper to the back panel. I think it will feel great in the hand.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/07/29/new-p...ow-fully-assembled-device/#jp-carousel-208315

17. smotheredhope macrumors regular

+1

18. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

Where'd you hear that?

19. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

That's nice looking and all, but it really looks just about like my old iPhone 4. Black is nice though.

20. pdutta2000 macrumors regular

I agree with this to an extent. Apple needs to really start worrying about becoming RIM. For years RIM stuck their head in the sand and pumped out hardware change after hardware change while their OS was crap. iOS is miles ahead of where RIM was but Android is a viable alternative. I do, however, strongly believe that Apple has an ace up their sleeve. Remember last year their hired the WebOS guy shortly before the 4S and everyone knew that Notification Center was his contribution. He's now had a year and I'm expecting a brand new "Homescreen" layout designed for the taller screen.

21. LeakedDave macrumors regular

Making the screen taller and changing the resolution is stupid for both users and developers. They should just release a 4" version that runs at the same 960x640 resolution at the same aspect ratio.

Either way if it has a quadcore SoC and LTE I'm sold.

22. batting1000 thread starter macrumors 604

Apple has nothing to worry about. They've sold around 140 million iPhone 4S', a phone with the same screen since 2007.

23. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

The new iPhone, now with 5 rows of apps. Revolutionary.

24. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

LOL no kidding.

25. gta50419 macrumors 6502

Ummmmmm NO....
    You know what it looks like? A longer, Much Uglier, Much cheaper version of the iphone 4....