I don't understand why people are complaining about AT&T signals.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Oct 16, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Don't you get 30 days of time to return your phone? If you service is crap, then I assume you go to your work, school, vacation, club, gym and your ex-wives houses or wherever you go, wouldn't you have figured it out by 30 days? So, why in the world people are complaining? You had 30 days to test it. After 30 days, you decided to keep it knowing that AT&T service is not up to your expectations. But, you are still complaining about it.

I don't understand how can people complain about their home/work signals... You knew the signals were bad, so why in the world didn't you change the provider who gives you signals in 30 days?
    If you say because of an iPhone, then you have a mental problem... seriously.
    Primary reason for having a phone is to make calls. It's not to play angry birds or read emails. It's for making and receiving calls. This is why I absolutely have no pity for folks who say they get no signals at all at their houses or work. Obviously these places are where you will be almost everyday. So, why are you all complaining about again the choice you made?

2. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Yes it's the fact that they want to have an iPhone and no other phone so they don't want to switch because that would result in not having an iPhone.

There is so much the iPhone can do that they don't want to give it up to get better service. Thats why they keep pushing Apple to go on Verizon so there is options for people.

I get good AT&T service so I'm fine with my iPhone.

So it's just that people love the iPhone and don't want to have any other phone. They just continue complaining about the signal.

3. simple20 macrumors regular

Well, its probably not the majority here... but some of us have jobs that require us to move a lot. I've lived in places that didn't have **** for signal. In the past 2 years, I've lived in 4 different states, and 6 different cities. None of those places were exceptionally awesome, to include a city where I didn't get signal inside my house. I had to stand outside to make calls, and with a LDR, calling my girlfriend for an hour in -10 was about as fun eating seeded grapes. At-least my current city has 3G everywhere except I where I actually work. When I called ATT to complain they basically told me **** off.

4. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

I am not saying anything to people who travel. I know Verizon has better network in most places. But, you have a choice. Forget iPhone... Go find a phone and provider that works and everyone will be happy.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's 4th or 5th on my list. So if it's not the most important feature why should it be the primary thing I base my decision on?

Oh...wait. I get it. You got confused and thought your needs were the same as everyone else's, right? But it turns out we're all different people so your entire argument kind of breaks down.

6. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

So, these are fanboys. I have no pity for these fanboys. These fanboys believe that Steve is a jesus and Apple is some sort of holy company. I hope they get more drop calls...

7. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

I knew fanboys would find a way to make excuses. Yea... making a phone call is 4th/5th on your list for cellphone? Okay. Okay. Okay.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

"Fanboy" is someone who defends a particular company or product. I keep re-reading my post and don't see where I did that.

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I switched over from Verizon when the iPhone first came out. I was fairly new to the city and had no clue which carrier was better where I lived. When I switched over I really never noticed the difference between the two carriers in my city (Houston, TX). But over time, I did start to notice I was dropping calls; not often, but I had NEVER dropped calls with Verizon. By that time, I was way over the 30 days, and even if I wasn't I don't think I would have done anything about it anyway. The Pro's of the phone at that point overpowered the cons with AT&T.

And years later, AT&T is still worse in Houston, but honestly, I use my phone for a lot more than making phone calls. I read, check my e-mail, surf the net, watch baseball, etc... I may be in the minority, but I really use the actual phone a lot less than I use everything else. So, a few dropped calls here and there doesn't bother me too badly. Do I wish AT&T would do something about it? Yes, definitely. When a call drops, do I curse them? Yes. But, call me a fangirl, but the iPhone is worth it.

10. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Why is that so hard to believe? I read on my phone about 2-3 hours a day (during breaks at work, and standing on lines..things like that.). I don't think I spend 3 hours on the phone all week. Not everyone is going to use the phone exactly the way you are using it.

11. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Well said. I concur.

12. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

I said okay.. Okay Okay. Didn't I? Okay... Okay....

k............ Fanboys.

13. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Very original and imaginative response. I guess everyone who doesn't agree with you is a fanboy. You must be an integral part of your junior high school debate team.

14. bossxii macrumors 68000

Not that I have any reception issues but making a call is no where near my phone "primary" use. I don't even think my wife knows how to place calls anymore lol, it all texts and emails. I use my iPhone primarily as a PDA/pocket computer. There are many more ways to communicate that just phone calls. As mentioned stating personal preference as facts never works well, we all have different needs, uses and ways to use the tech packed into the latest smart phones.

Calling another user a fanboy just makes it apparent of some unresolved bitterness. Losing any credibility to ones own opinion. Then react poorly when some has a difference of opinion on the topic. Relax and enjoy the varied opinions with an open mind and everyone might just learn something.

15. lshirase macrumors regular

hahahahahahaha.

4th or 5th on your list?

hahahahahahahahaha..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

16. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Some people do have problems. Other people just repeat like parrots what the Verizon ads say without really testing AT&T in their area (these people are the worst).

Truth be told, if your service with AT&T sucks, do not get an iPhone. There are MANY choices out there.

17. DeBaryFL macrumors member

No way am I an Apple fanboy - I wouldn't use an Apple computer if someone gave it to me. However, yes, making calls is not my main reason for having an iPhone. I have a landline at home and OnStar Calling in my car. I spend a LOT of time sitting in the car waiting for my wife to do shopping or whatever. While waiting I use the iPhone to watch movies, either downloaded to the phone itself or through Netflix over 3G, read ebooks, play games, surf the web, and so on.

Yes, I do use my iPhone to make 95% of the phone calls I make, but making phone calls was not the main reason I bought my first iPhone, not was it the main reason I bought my latest one. The main reason I buy iPhones is that I love high-tech toys! :)

18. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Mind listing out what are the most important features for YOU on a phone?

Browsing the net- you need a fairly decent signal to browse so I'm guessing ATT isn't the main reason you chose the iPhone (with the exception of some people of course, but based on most forumer's statements VZW is the superior network in terms of coverage. Again, NOT saying that Verizon is always superior to ATT)

Reading- larger screen > higher res. Text has to be large to be easy and comfortable to read. A higher res screen just makes text crisper (and smaller). Which makes it uncomfortable to read, unless you increase the font size, in which case screen real estate is reduced and less text at any given time.

As for apps- people are forgetting that other mobile OSes (Android being the obvious one) also have apps that do the same thing. People are drawn into the iPhone for its 200k+ number, but tbh all the useful ones are available on other platforms.

I'm guessing most people chose the iPhone for it's simplicity and ease of use. It's certainly not because of its open-ness.

19. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

Nope. U are the who is making assumptions. I don't mind him at all for disagreeing with me. He just said 4th or 5th for making calls on a cell phone. I t just took me a time to register that into my brain. I really think he is a fanboy.

20. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Let's see here, they guy may use email or SMS much more than a call. Or, his company might pay a Skype number so all he needs is data. That's already 3 things greater than a phone call.

Someone is stupid I see

21. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I just don't understand why that is so hard to believe. I could probably name 10 things I do more on my phone than make phone calls. Just because you use it more as a phone, doesn't mean everyone who owns one does.

22. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Wow, so insulting me is how you "don't mind" me? I'd hate to see what you do to people when you DO mind.

23. DeBaryFL macrumors member

AT&T service in my area (central Florida) is solid. I have no problems surfing the web or streaming movies and TV shows to the iPhone from Netflix over the 3G network. BTW, I was using BellSouth/AT&T for quite a while before the first iPhone came out, so I didn't chose AT&T because of the iPhone. I bought my first iPhone because I really liked what I could do on the iPod Touch. FWIW, I actually did switch to Verizon a few years ago because of a deal they offered me on the then-latest Motorola razr. I switched back to BellSouth within 2 weeks because the Verizon service in the area at that time was poor, and because Verizon had crippled the Bluetooth on their razr to such an extent that it was useless to me.

As for reading ebooks, I'm an older person and my eyesight isn't that great any more. However, I have no trouble whatever reading ebooks on the iPhone. I use eReader for most of my reading on the iPhone rather that iBooks. This app allows changes in fonts, font size, line spacing, and page background, making it easy to set up ebooks to best suit your vision.

Yes, the iPhone is easy to use. I have no idea what you mean by "open-ness."

24. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

I think the real question is, if people love the iPhone, but don't care about the phone functions, why not get a iPod Touch?

Thats the thing that puzzles me the most.

25. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Why carry around 2 devices when you can have it all in the iPhone?