I don't want strangers get my facebook in his/her Contact

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by oioiLe, Sep 22, 2012.

1. oioiLe macrumors newbie

Integration of Facebook and Twitter is cool. It is easier to share photo, tweet, etc.

But... Having one's phone number doesn't mean knowing one well. Now I know my big boss' twitter account:D But I don't want that happens to me!:eek:

Can I prevent others knowing my facebook name and twitter name, if he/she has my number and "update contacts" in his/her ios6 device?

2. lulumink macrumors regular

That's why I never use those features. It's way too intimidating for me.
    Turn em all off. Keep your privacy.

3. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

4. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Wow. I just updated my contacts entries. My phone added an e-mail address to one of my contact entries, in addition to a Facebook name. This is weird, because I'm not a "friend" of this contact in Facebook.

I was going to suggest removing your boss from your "friends" list, but I now know that wouldn't work. I think we've spotted an issue.

5. Suenco macrumors newbie

go to facebook (website), profile, the click on the place i think its called about, where it shows where you work and what school you went to, the go to contact information, verify your password, then where your phone number is there is a small icon on the right side (two small heads), click on that and change to the gear icon. select which friends are able to see your phone number on facebook and voilá :D

6. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

with this you will have only got public data off their fb page, your not friends with them apart from having their phone number, the fb intergration can run the number against facebooks phone list and find the match.....

thats gives me an idea..... :eek:

7. oioiLe thread starter macrumors newbie

So if I delete my phone number in that contact information. No one can find my facebook account on their IOS6 device using update contacts, right?:rolleyes:

8. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

or set it to friends only? i assume thats how it will work

9. oioiLe thread starter macrumors newbie

I think for Twitter, if you uncheck let others find me by email address and don't provide phone number to twitter, it is safe.

10. Suenco macrumors newbie

they can find your facebook account on ios, yes, but, your number wont show, and by default, only your friends are able to add your facebook acc to their phone contacts. u can always change who is able to find you and how by going to your privacy settings, click on the one that says how people can connect to you ^^

11. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ok, just to make sure, if some one integrates FB contacts with their phone contacts, this doesn't mean that FB will pull my info off their phone and put it on my FB page (I keep that info off FB period cause I just don't trust FB).