I don't want the NFL.com wap page, I want the FULL page!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BergerFan, Aug 31, 2008.

1. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

With the NFL regular season nearly upon us, I like to keep up with the in-depth articles there, but I have to do that on my PC, because mobile Safari indentifies itself as a mobile browser.
    Not quite the real Internet is it, señor Jobs? :D

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It is frustrating but there is a way round it. :D

Instead of going to nfl.com, go to nfl.com/news or nfl.com/scores and you get the full pages rather than the wap versions. But they're not that speedy to load or zoom in.

Have you signed up for Gamepass HD this year - that gives you Total Access etc too? And means you don't have to listen to Cadle/Halling since you can see other games. ;)

3. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

4. evillageprowler macrumors regular

Just curious - is there an NFL equivalent of the MLB.com At Bat app? That would be so sweet... :)

EVP

5. BergerFan thread starter macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Indeed. That would totally rule. :D

Edit: Thanks for the info guys. :)

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I suspect something unofficial, at the very least, will show up in the App store.
    I don't know if the NFL would release an official one since they have that deal with Sprint.:rolleyes:

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

That is a feature of the NFL site. Give them a shout and maybe enough feedback will make them change it.

I have nothing against optimized sites, but it is interesting to me that with the iPhone, WAP just doesn't seem that important anymore. :D

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Amazing that you KNOW the site is a forced mobile one, yet you blame Apple for it. If a website doesn't bother to offer a link or option to going to their full site, that's their prerogative, and has nothing to do with Apple. Submit a complaint/suggestion and see if they change it.

9. cualexander macrumors 6502a

Well I think his point is that there ought to be a setting to change the User agent to a non-mobile browser to prevent this.

Perfect example of this crap is pizzahut.com. Try going there on your iphone and getting to the full page. You can't. Its annoying. For instance if you want to order online but you need to change your address, say you are on vacation. You have an iphone, you think "Yes lets use Pizzahut.com" . Nope you are SOL. You can't change the address and you can't use pizzahut.com full site.

Its frustrating beyond all belief. Bank of america used to be like this but wised up and let you use the full site. I don't mind mobile sites. Some are good, just let me use the full one if I want to.

Please apple. Give us a way to change the mobile user-agent string so it looks like regular safari if we want to always see the full web and be protected against stupid web developers trying to do us a favor.