I downgraded to 3.0, but purplera1n keeps crashing when i try to jailbreak. help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by andrewwg94, Oct 15, 2009.

1. andrewwg94 macrumors member

Aug 5, 2009
    I downgraded to 3.0 using my ECID. The only problem is that i have no option but to jailbreak. that's not a problem, but when i jailbreak with purplera1n it crashes without doing anything. when i jailbreak with redsn0w it doesn't activate my iphone with att's network, so i get no service, but a fully functional 3.0. the guide i use says that activation will work with purplera1n, but redsn0w does a 'generic' activation that just unlocks all the phone's features without actually activating. please help. why does purplera1n crash? i tried it on a different computer, still crashes. if someone wants to try downgrading to 3.0 and tell me, that would be nice. here's the guide i used:

2. andrewwg94 thread starter macrumors member

Aug 5, 2009
  3. axox181 macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2009
    Purplera1n isn't 3.x compatible. There are tools out there that can help you (pwntool, blackra1n which is the updated version of purplera1n that IS 3.x usable. A far as the activation thing, if you already have ATT then jailbreaking won't cause it to no longer be activated so I am confused by what you mean by that.