I dropped my iPhone 4 on the concrete four times now

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
No damage--thanks to the bumper. It's fallen out of my lap when I get out of the car twice and I drive a really tall car, probably about a four foot drop. The bumper is a lifesaver, what a good investment (that became free).

I wish I could show you guys some pictures, but that wouldn't do any justice. My iPhone 3G taking a picture of my unshattered iPhone 4 would be like Shaquille o'Neal watching a middle school basketball game.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

You are very lucky! :D

p-rice

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Las Vegas
Dropped my phone for the first time while getting out of my car to put gas. Small dent by the upper right edge of the front glass. No biggie but damn it sounded like s**t on impact.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
This is why I never leave my iPhone in my lap. I've dropped and broken way too many phones forgetting they were on my lap while driving.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
my iphone fell off a bunkbed twice with bumper and invisible shield on it, nothing broke, it really is a lifesaver.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
What I think will happen is that soon, you will start a thread just like dozens did, complaining about how your 6 weeks old iPhone 4 shattered to pieces.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Every hit compromises it's structural integrity a bit. I'd suggest you avoid dropping it much more. lol. Eventually you will have some shattered glass on your hands.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

AK10R said:
Irish Rose said:
You are very lucky! :D

I would not call it lucky...... :rolleyes:
I would, considering nothing happened to it! ;)

Corey213

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
No damage--thanks to the bumper. It's fallen out of my lap when I get out of the car twice and I drive a really tall car, probably about a four foot drop. The bumper is a lifesaver, what a good investment (that became free).

same here! the bumper has saved me many times. I am glad I got it right when I bought the phone

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
same here! the bumper has saved me many times. I am glad I got it right when I bought the phone
This. I'm really getting tired of people who think they're informed asking me if I got the bumper because of the antenna issue. No, jackass, I got it alongside my iPhone so it would protect the phone in case of drops. No one knew about the antennagate issue back then.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I'd suggest a better case seeing how you keep dropping it. You've been very lucky/clumsy but it just takes that one drop..

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2003
Wow, I can't imagine putting two $100 notes on my lap in the car, forgetting they're there, and getting out only to hope it's not a windy day. Four times.

Some people have too much money.

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Wow, I can't imagine putting two $100 notes on my lap in the car, forgetting they're there, and getting out only to hope it's not a windy day. Four times.

Some people have too much money.
I have a 32GB so it was $300 :p

But that's not the same because no one puts $100 bills in their lap because they're not constantly using it in the car, lol. I text at red lights, change songs, check my stocks, email, and app updates and news so that's why it's in my lap.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Ever since...

the first iPhone, I will usually have one drop per year. Last year I sent the 3GS flying in the kitchen as it was falling I tried to catch it but landed up only propelling it to the wall before it landed with a thud on the hard brick floor.

No damage. Was using a hard plastic case. Sold it in pristine condition.

Last night I had the phone next to me on a nightstand. Forgot it was plugged into the charger. As I picked up and pulled it it recoiled from my hands in mid air did several somersaults before disappearing out of view and onto a wooden floor. When I went to get it I was just hoping it didn't land on its face. Luckily it landed on the back where a trusty .89 case from Merit braced the drop.

Also have Best Skins Ever on it so not sure if that helped. Can't hurt.

Felt really lucky with hearing all the bad iPhone 4 drop stories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.