I dropped my iPhone 5 in water and am now having a touchscreen issue. Help plea

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacoblee23, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I accidentally fell into a pond while fishing the other day and my phone was in my shorts pocket. Some error message came up on boot up afterwards. I soaked it in rice for hours and eventually it worked fine.

I then updated my ios7 beta 4 to beta 5. Ever since then sometimes the touch screen on my phone randomly stops working completely. If I press the lock button and unlock it though it works fine after that. I was just wondering if it was an issue from getting wet or maybe an ios 7 beta 5 thing? When the touchscreen works it works perfect, but when it doesn't it doesn't work at all. Any suggestions?

2. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

It's an issue because it's wet. That happened to my phone when it accidentally fell in water. It wasn't water damaged per say but some water got through the ear piece and that's exactly what my phone did after I got it dried up. Sometimes the touch screen won't work and I would have to click on the home or lock button in order for it to work. My best bet would before you to get it replaced because the problem will only get worse in the long run