I dropped my Touch - now there's an orange spot in the top corner

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JollyWaffle, Mar 3, 2009.

1. JollyWaffle macrumors newbie

Yeah so I dropped my iPod today on a concrete floor. Couldn't have been more than 3ft and it doesn't have a rubber skin or anything (just a clear one for scratch protection). The thing still works fine and has no scratches or dents, except for a very obvious orange spot in the top right corner that's visible even when the iPod is off. Also, there are now random horizontal lines that go from end to end right where the orange spot is. The lines are thicker where the spot is. And the spot is really only orange when it's on a white screen, otherwise it's just bright white. When it's off it's kinda purplish.

Again, it still works perfectly fine, it just now has some really annoying lines on it. Is this something I can fix or am I just gonna have to deal with it?

2. JollyWaffle thread starter macrumors newbie

Also...

I still have my warranty so do you think it would be covered on that?

3. avrpatsfan macrumors member

just take it back

yeah, just take it to the store. nothing you can do. If you have a warranty, you can get a new or refurbished one. too bad though! :confused::apple:

4. Psychmike macrumors regular

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck but why would you think a warranty would cover an accidental drop? A warranty is to cover manufacturers' defects not users' actions. If a company covered this kind of thing, their products would be more expensive as their costs would be passed on to every other buyer. Lots of people drop their iPods, iPhones, or have them stolen. Lots of people spill tea onto their Macbooks. It's just their bad luck.

Depending on the kind of home owner's insurance you (or your parents) have, accidental damage to portable electronics might be covered but filing a claim may result in increases in your premiums.

5. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

^--Yeah man, he pretty much covered it all right there.

AppleCare doesn't cover accidental damage, only manufacturer defects. You'd have to buy separate insurance for every item you want to cover for accidental damage.