:( I feel kinda disapointed for a phone that came out months

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 12, 2012.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

after the S3
    I mean I bet 90 percent feels the same way
    they said Steve worked very hard on this iPhone

This iPhone should had been the iPhone 4S
    this iPhone seems already outdated for being released in late 2012
    I mean if this iPhone came out in June 2012 than it would be okay
    but September 2012 ?? I feel upset
    but maybe in person that all will change
    the design is great but the hardware is the only thing I am worried about
    I just hope in person this iPhone is very better...

2. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

What does the GS3 have over this except for a larger screen (if that's your thing)?

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

It has a real 4" screen..

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

As opposed to an imaginary one?

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Hardware wise? NFC is missing.

Just about everything else can be fixed with an iOS update, which I think is what people are actually upset about. Because lets face it, the hardware in this phone is fantastic.

6. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

The GSIII is basically the same as the GSII with a bigger screen but we keep hearing that it is so revolutionary. I just don't see what the revolution is so hopefully someone will explain what earth shattering things Samsung came up with that makes that the ultimate phone.

7. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I don't think any Samsung or iPhone is revolutionary in recent times. They all have been minor updates, sometimes that minor update may be major to others though.

8. sneaky butcher, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

sneaky butcher macrumors 6502

s3 is quad core the s2 was dual core

but yeah this generation is very much an incremental update. Although the bigger screen does feel you get good value.

9. Radiating, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

Radiating macrumors 65816

What exactly are you missing from the iPhone 5 that you have in the S3?

The iPhone 5 has a faster dual core processor than the US S3 LTE's dual core processor and even compared to the quad core found in the international version the iPhone 5 is likely still faster in the real world due to the fact that most smartphone apps do not take advantage of quad cores and a faster clock speed on 2 cores will be much better than a slightly more overall power on 4 cores.

With the LTE Galaxy S3 you get the same amount of ram as in the iPhone 5, yes the non-LTE one has more, but then you don't get LTE.

The rear camera is 6.25 times better in low light (2.2 stops) and while they have the same sensor resolution, the 4S's lens captures almost twice the detail of the S3's lens.

The front camera does have less resolution 1.2 megapixels vs 1.3 but it has much better low light performance, which is the benchmark for a webcam.

The iPhone 5 has 3 microphones for much better call quality, noise canceling and voice command understanding and it has wideband audio. None of which are found on the S3 (though samsung will upgrade the S3 to wideband audio, the microphones are still worse)

It's the thinnest smartphone in the world which makes it thinner than the S3.

It has the best build quality in the segment, made of just aluminium and glass being machined out of solid blocks of aluminium, like Breitling watches with no plastic whatsoever any more. The S3 is nasty cheap toys r us plastic.

It has the best LTE battery life of any phone thanks to the latest revolutionary low power LTE chip. It has more talk time on LTE than the S3 by 20%.

It has a screen of supperior quality which is shaprer, and more vibrant with greater PPI, ontop of that the iPhone 5's screen is more than TWICE as bright as the Galaxy S3's screen.

So tell me again what you're missing from the iPhone 5 that the S3 has? It seems the S3 is the one that's missing a lot of qualities between the two.