I feel like a dog right now... (waiting for delivery) Update: Not a Fun Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Sep 25, 2013.

1. iBreatheApple, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Sitting in my papasan chair reading a book in my entrance way to ensure I don't miss my UPS man. Every so often I'll go the the front room and look out the window for a few minutes. It's so pathetic! How does Apple do this to me? Someone else admit they do something similar so I don't feel so inane. :eek:

The worst part is I'm using a Motorola BackFlip as my temp phone which is an exceptionally terrible device. :apple:

Update: My excitement quickly turned into frustration. Jump.

Attached Files:

2. ATC macrumors 6502a

UPS you say? Hope you don't get the phantom delivery attempt. I've had a few of those, only from UPS. Wish Apple used a different carrier.

3. wxman2003 Suspended

Good to see you have a clear hallway. Don't want to trip while running to the door. :D

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I was lucky last year and occupied my mind with work (I was at work) while my wife was at home (stay at home mom) and signed for my iPhone 5 when it came. That was around 3:30pm.

Had it waiting for me when I got home, which was more exciting to me, knowing that it was there.

5. Spezialemic macrumors newbie

Uhhh yeah I'm upstairs right now with all the windows open and every time I hear a truck go by I'm up and looking outside. Even went downstairs a few times to make sure they didn't park on the other side. I feel like I'm going just a little crazy lol.

6. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Don't go to the bathroom. They can tell and they hide round the corner waiting so they can quickly put a card through the door and drive off :)

7. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I will run out my front door without bothering to close it, jump in the car in boxers only and chase him down. This day has yielded zero productivity; I will get my iPhone. :p

8. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Jesus, that's some hallway.

In other news, check out the Nest thermostat. Made by one of the original iPod developers. Love mine...and it really did lower my bills 20-30%.

9. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I was going to say the same thing. For whatever reason -- perhaps they cannot delivering all the packages or because they are just lazy -- they sometimes lie about delivery attempts.

I have had this happen with FedEx also. I think it depends on the delivery person. The companies should really punish these people.

10. Jman13 macrumors 68000

This is why I had them hold my phone at the UPS hub. I hate this waiting game, and I hate it even more if I miss a delivery and have to wait another day. So, had them hold it, showed up at the time the UPS hub opened this morning at 8:30 and got my phone.

11. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I've been looking into that for a year now! Don't know why I haven't bitten the bullet. Just yesterday I entered a contest (Engadget, I think) to win a free one. There were 19,000 entries but I figured it to be senseless not to click a button. Any cons?

I will be very upset. The worst part is that my house and road aren't even on most maps yet. When I use my GPS it says, "please pull over to the side of the road, you'll have to walk to your destination..." :eek: I hope he knows the area.

12. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Not really, although I didn't use the auto-learn part. I manually put in my schedule (after observing what it created over a few days) but its still more powerful than any other thermostat I've ever seen.

Auto-away may not work right if you don't walk by a lot but it can be turned off.

13. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Last time this happened I called and I was like, "The guy lied. He never came."

UPS: Is there a delivery attempt notice?

Me: No. And I was working 10ft from the door all day.

Me: Does the package even require a signature?

UPS: No.

Me: Then what the *&%# was the delivery attempt for?

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

A true fan would be sitting on the front porch waiting.:p

15. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

16. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Nope, you're not alone my friend! I've done the same thing, on many occasions. I've even gone to the extent of putting a kind note on my door for the UPS driver letting him know that I am definitely home to accept delivery and to please give me an extra few seconds to get to the door. Of course, this still doesn't stop me from looking out the window anytime I hear a vehicle coming up the street or a noise outside. :D

That's awesome that you'll be receiving your new phone today! Have fun!

Bryan

17. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

Agreed, that's some hallway. I would move the chair closer to the door. :)

My UPS guy knows my house thanks to Amazon Prime shipping.

As for delivery, when it gets here in October, I will leave the release form on the door that should permit the UPS guy to leave the package on my doorstep. That will simplify things if I am indisposed.

18. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I live in Florida, the ink on the pages of my book would be smudged and stuck together by the time he came. The humidity here is crazy during this time of year!

There's two large panes of glass on either side of the door and it'd be quite awkward when he walks up to see me camped out in a chair directly in front of the door. :p

19. BC-2 macrumors member

BC-2

Good lord, that hallway is the size of an average hotel room in Japan.

Don't feel insane. My phone is out for delivery to my work address today and my office window faces the parking lot. I find myself looking out the window every time I think I hear a delivery truck. :eek::)

20. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

haha, I get my packages sent to the office. on delivery day, i'm checking the update like a hawk, refreshing every 5mins or so. once I see it's been delivered and before I can get an email from our receiving area that I have something, I'm knocking on their door rather than waiting until 4pm when they start handing out mail.

I always get packages from apple via fedex and know they deliver around 10am. from 9am-whenever the package arrives, our internet may run slow because of me refreshing the page non-stop.

21. billycuth macrumors 6502a

just make sure you pull those bad boys up first!

----------

No it wouldn't! He/she expects it!

22. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

My 2nd 5S arrived this am. Time to relax and enjoy now.

23. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I work from home and sit at a desk that faces the front window. On days when I know something is going to be delivered, my head jerks up every time I hear ANY car coming past on the street, let alone a big truck. Lol.

24. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Jebus, even MacRumors Forums have product placement now!

25. Mikesus macrumors 6502

Off Topic but while you are waiting :)

I have 2 Nest. I actually save more by precooling my home (live in Phoenix) because of Time of Use plan. Nest has nothing that addresses that sadly.

With just Nest I was able to save from the previous owners that just stuck the thermostat on 78, but by precooling I was able to knock off $100 a month.

It is still cool to be able to adjust the thermostat remotely, and with a plugin it connects to my home automation system.

If you aren't on a Time of Use, it will save you tho.