I feel like I just got cheated on after 3 years.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikelegacy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Anyone else feel like Apple should have done more for an 18 month hiatus? Not only that, but they could have at least done a better job of suppressing the rumor mill. It's like they want to laugh in our faces when we get our hopes up.

Apple has never let me down before. This one goes in the record books as the biggest Apple fail since the Powerbook G5.

Bunch of bull if you ask me.

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Apple has no obligation to suppress the rumor mill. Historically rumors are wrong way more often than they are right. The joke is on the people who actually buy into the rumors and then feel disappointed when reality comes...

Apple delivering a new product to the masses is hardly laughing in our faces when we get our hopes up.... the only fact the rumor mill could verify is that Apple was holding an announcement today and that they did !

3. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Really? Then why would Apple use controlled leaks, and false rumors? It's quite safe to assume that sites like The Loop and AllthingsD and WSJ serve as unofficial outlets for the company's future plans. As you saw, WSJ "leaked" last minute that the iPhone won't be LTE. That was obviously something Apple wanted to put out ahead of the event.

It's also safe to assume that Apple knows about the rumor mill. Remember when SJ announced the iPhone 4? He made specific mention of the comments people were making about the leaked prototype: "What are these lines? That doesn't seem like Apple, etc"
    So they obviously have a clue as to what's going on in the rumor mill.

But I just don't get how Apple didn't "leak" that there will only be a 4S and not a 5.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Apple does know about the rumor mill, but they don't have to suppress it, all they have to do is deliver a product.. today we are witnessing lots of typical backlash from people who bought into the rumors instead of waiting to see what Apple was actually going to release without making judgements beforehand. Today is honestly not so different from announcements in the past that were overhyped.