I feel like I'm 5 y/o. What do I need tonight if I'm not the main account holder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattcube64, Oct 6, 2011.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

I've been a subordinate of my mom's family plan since we switched to AT&T many years ago. It's just been easier to stay on her plan (and cheaper).

She'll be long asleep by the time pre-orders open tonight; so I'm curious if there's anything I need that I'm forgetting.

I'm assuming I need:

Acct holder's name, phone number, password to login to AT&T.com, and SS#.

Then I'll need my name, my number, and my SS#.

Anything else?

Thank you!

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I'm in the same boat. Problem is, there's no online account that's set up. So come 3am, if I can't do it, I'm going to be riding my bike over to the nearest ATT store at 8AM to get there and do it as soon as they open the doors.

I have the account # and social though, so depending on what happens after checking Apple's and ATT's site, I might just have to do that.

At worst, going during the day will require waiting a few days.

3. james92se macrumors 6502a

Lol, same boat as you. My cell number has been in my mom's name since 1994 when my parents first got a car phone, and it's still in my mom's name. I'm a bit different than you in that I'm not on a family plan, I'm on a single plan that just is still in my mom's name due to laziness over the years.

Really all you need is the last 4 digits of her SSN (well, and the account login stuff if you do it through AT&T).

4. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Ask her for her account information. (If possible…)

Im in the same boat as you. I'm Verizon, Though. I'll be logging in under my Mom's account, (Verizon Website) and Ordering it that way.

Don't know how ATT works. But that's what I'm doing :p

Probably didn't help :)

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Nothing else except your credit/debit card for order.

6. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Most carriers only allow the account owner to upgrade devices.

7. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I was also wondering about not being the primary account holder. My mother is and I am an authorized user. We live at the same address still. I have all the account information (when I do the check it shows my upgrade eligibility). All I need are the last 4 of her social correct? I know them and our account password.

I will be ordering from my card and having it shipped to me though, will this present a problem (not shipping to main account holders name but it is the same location)?

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Something you can do if you still have time is set up the other accounts as authorized to make contract changes and what not something like that.

I want to say in our family like everyone BUT my mom has that right. It was from the fact at different points in time use 3 kids needed to do something or might be doing something with out my dad around. It just never got removed. My mom would be made it but she just never needed to so we have never bothered.

Sum it up we have 4 administrators on our account and 1 non.

9. james92se macrumors 6502a

For what it's worth I've been set up as an authorized account holder/user/whatever on my aforementioned mom's account for years - but it has never been helpful at all in terms of upgrades. I always still need the last 4 of my mom's S.S. #

10. RagnarokRed macrumors member

Is the last 4 SS digits all I'd need from my primary, or would it be smart to have their ATT account info as well?

11. james92se macrumors 6502a

By account info do you mean the primary's AT&T account online log-in info?

That I'm not sure. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it.

Mine is a little unique in that the account is still in my mom's name, but the account online log-in stuff is all mine - set up under a username/password I created, linked to my e-mail address, etc. so I all ever need "extra" is the last 4 of her SSN.

12. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Would that require an online account through ATT? Or could this be done iwth that information through Apple?