I feel like Im the only one excited for the 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phonzoxd, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

I aint even a Apple fan at all either, my first and only apple product was the iphone 5.

And I knew going into the conference everything that was going to be introduced, but yet I got excited anyways. Quit odd.

I didnt think I would care about the touch ID at all, but seeing it presented made me think, i cant have any future phones without it. Its made me reconsider my position on getting an ipad 5 if it doesnt have one.

One of the big reasons for that is, everytime i want to skip songs, i gotta turn it on, then enter pwd, then skip song, but now I can just pretty much go straight to it.

Never knew why apple didnt let you switch skip songs on the lock screen.

Oh, and the champaign color.

2. swish2351 macrumors 6502

I am excited as well

Double click the home button, and you can skip songs, I do this on my iPhone 4S all the time

3. Kurso macrumors 6502

I'm excited too. Is it what I was hoping for? No. I wanted NFC, wireless charging, and slightly more MP on the camera. 802.11ac would have been nice as well since I just bought a new .ac router (from Apple).

Regardless this is a huge upgrade from my iPhone 4.

4. Phonzoxd, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

Phonzoxd thread starter macrumors 6502a

wait a second, im confusing myself, I knew I could do that, but it is something else that I couldnt do when listening to music on the home screen that bothered me, but i cant think of it now.

huhhhh

Edit: OK i know how i confused myself now, what i really meant was i have to take my phone out to switch songs, I wish it could be done on the ear buds instead, and take out the volume control; which insidentally had nothing to do with the whole home screen thing lol.

5. -js- macrumors regular

-js-

You can skip songs on the lock screen. Double click the home button.

And, no, you are not the only one who is excited for the 5S. I totally am too. I have an iPhone 4, so I'm way past due for a new one. I've been waiting since spring for the 5S. I really want Siri, voice to text, a faster processor, and more memory (64GB--would have bought 128GB if they'd offered it, but 64 is enough.) I also like that--assuming the 5 and 5S are internally very similar--both the screen and the battery are easy to change on these phones. iFixit had a nice article on the 5 and how it was pleasantly surprising that Apple has had a trend towards more and more repairable iPhones:

http://ifixit.org/3319/iphone-5-an-evolution-in-repair/

And yes, I too like the idea of a fingerprint sensor for unlocking the phone. I'm reserving judgment on using it as an internet password until security experts have spoken. If you could have the requirement for BOTH a p/w and fingerprint ID, that's fine. But only fingerprint, I have some reservations about. But still, I like that the 5S has a FP sensor. I'm betting it will be an optional thing re: iTunes and App store purchases, too. But we'll see.

6. carelesswhisper macrumors member

I'm excited. I'm upgrading from a 4S plus it's always exciting getting new things. And I plan on getting the gold color.

7. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I'm excited. I've been hesitant to make the jump to a smartphone. Watched the 4S and 5 keynotes but still been using my dumbphone. So the 5S will be it for me.

8. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

I posted about this as well, I think TouchID is going to be great, seeing as how I am constantly entering in unlock patterns on my Android Galaxy. Sick of it.

The more I think about these iPhone 5s, TouchID, and the specs, the more I like it. So we may be getting two of them. I was really focused on the 5c, hated the pricing, was pissed, but now I'm looking forward to the 5s.

9. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

I'm stoked. Jumping from a 4 to the 5S is going to be great. Going with the white phone with the red leather case.

10. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

I'm excited for the iPhone 5s. I'm still rocking an iPhone 4 and this year is the year I want to upgrade. It's between the 5sand the Lumia 1020 for me.

Once the initial reviews are out, I will make my decision.

11. Phonzoxd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aight I guess Im not the only one then.

But in defense of my arguement, I feel like Im the only iphone 5 owner thats excited for the 5S lol.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

13. The Robot Cow macrumors 6502

The Robot Cow

There's too much crying coming from too many people. i'm more than excited for this. I can't wait to finally get rid of my Galaxy Nexus and get a 5s!

14. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Your not the only one, just one of the only ones.

15. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

I'm excited for the new motion technology, the color, the camera, everything :).

You are not alone

16. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I am super excited and currently use the 5. I am a huge photography hobbyist (my "real" camera is a Canon 60D but I certainly don't always have it with me) and the iPhone's progressive camera specs keep me upgrading. I've read some really interesting articles that discuss the 5s camera improvements (like this one) and it really seems like it's going to be a big deal (I already knew that more megapixels did NOT mean better pictures so that didn't disappoint me).

I think that there are many very excited people but they are afraid to post on this site because of all of haters/complainers on here tend to attack pro-Apple comments.

17. -js- macrumors regular

-js-

Oh . . . my . . . GOD. What?!? You're going to make an informed, intelligent, rational decision based on reviews? What are you crazy? NO NO NO my friend. This is NOT the way we do things here. You need to have a very strong opinion about this phone NOW!

LOL! hehe. j/k.

Tammster,

GREAT LINK! Thanks so much! I really enjoyed this bit: "In this post I am ONLY going to discuss the iPhone 5S as a camera phone. I am not going to opine on anything else. If you are an Apple hater lower your blood pressure and stop reading now. Move along, nothing to see here." But, of course, I love the meat of it best of all. But it's telling that the author felt the need to add in this disclaimer!

18. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

I, too, am excited. As is my wife. We're both upgrading our 5's for 5S's.

Both of my kids are going to be upgrading their 4S's for 5S's as well and are excited about them.

1 black, 1 white, 2 champagne.

19. Halcyon3608 macrumors newbie

I'm crazy excited! For a couple of nights before the Tuesday announcement I could barely sleep, and when I did I dreamt about iPhones! My fiancé is a dedicated Android user and he just straight up doesn't get it.

The 4S was my first smartphone, and my parents got it for me as an early Christmas present in 2011. I didn't have any time to get worked up about it; one day I'm calling saying "hey, I think I'm going to upgrade to a smartphone - the HTC Rhyme looks kinda cool" and the next thing I know an iPhone shows up at my work.

Sadly, said 4S lost a fight with a treadmill back in May, and I have been waiting EXTREMELY IMPATIENTLY since then for the 5S. I'm sick of the lower third of my screen being a garbled mess, and iOS 7 looks so frickin' gorgeous, and I want that extra row of icons, and the aluminum backplate is calling out to me. Good lord, I've had a case and screen protectors for 2 weeks now. Next Friday can't come fast enough. Now if only I hadn't planned a visit home to the Apple-storeless hinterlands of Wisconsin... Walmart better come through for me or I just might cry.

20. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

The 5S is a great product. Its the first 64 bit phone. I'm excited at where the future is going.

21. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

This can be done on the ear buds: double click the remote to go to the next song and triple click to go to the previous song.

22. Minarets macrumors 6502

Can't wait. Moving from a Blackberry Bold 9930. However, I have to wait until November when my corporate contract is up. Switching from Sprint to ATT as well. I thought our corp would be cheap and go 5c, but they are doing 5s, thank goodness.

Hoping the touchid is all corp requires to access the phone. The 4 digit password will get on the nerves.

23. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry but you are moving from a what? A berry something. Never heard of it ;)

24. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

There are tons of people who are excited. People with an axe to grind or who just like to make physco comments are the ones who usually post and make all the noise.

25. Antgb84 macrumors 6502

I am, will be picking one up real soon just not in that atrocious gold.